Not getting better on dialysis

Hello. My father is doing the PD and he has been doing this for about 6-8 months. During this time, he has lost a lot of weight, is very nauseated, loss of appetite, etc. During the past week or so he has gotten so weak, vomitting, can not move around by himself, and is tired a lot. I do not live in the same city as my parents, so I don’t see him all the time…but from what my mom & my dad both say, he is getting much worse. The only other thing I know about the situation is that his protein levels are low.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Shouldn’t dialysis be helping and not making him feel this bad? I called him today and he asked me to draw up his will, and went into the speech about how sorry he is and how he wish he could see my son grow up. I don’t know what’s going on with him, and am hoping someone could give me a little more insight.

I appreciate anything you can tell me! Thanks!

[QUOTE=mandyr09;17539]Hello. My father is doing the PD and he has been doing this for about 6-8 months. During this time, he has lost a lot of weight, is very nauseated, loss of appetite, etc. During the past week or so he has gotten so weak, vomitting, can not move around by himself, and is tired a lot. I do not live in the same city as my parents, so I don’t see him all the time…but from what my mom & my dad both say, he is getting much worse. The only other thing I know about the situation is that his protein levels are low.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Shouldn’t dialysis be helping and not making him feel this bad? I called him today and he asked me to draw up his will, and went into the speech about how sorry he is and how he wish he could see my son grow up. I don’t know what’s going on with him, and am hoping someone could give me a little more insight.

I appreciate anything you can tell me! Thanks![/QUOTE]

I would have them contact the Nephrologist.

Mark

Your father needs to contact his nephrologist immediately!