Home Dialysis Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anonymous Guest

Referring to our situation -I'm not the patient- I'm one of the support persons.

Heather,
    I would never presume to be able to answer for Pierre :lol: but what I think he means is looking forward to coming off Nocturnal and having those first BIG cups of REAL COFFEE or TEA is an absolute pleasure! You feel like you have deserved them and have the whole day in front of you dialysis free.
    I can't answer your question about eating and 3x in centre dialysis, but i would imagine it would make me feel a bit sick too. On short or long runs at home I am ALWAYS hungry and never feel unwell because I don't do fast pump speeds and do enough dialysis and exercise to never have too much fluid to come off. The beauty of Nocturnal is (for me) NO food /diet restrictions!
    All the best. 8)
    beachy (Mel)
    FSGS 1992
    Hybrid Nocturnal Home hemo Sept 2005
    "Freni" Fresenius 4008 B
    Transplant from hubby,31st Oct,2008
    http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/Aus...lysis_Buddies/

IN fact the "no dietary restrictions" is one of the reasons I'm not desperate to go on the transplant list....post tx you are back to restrictions again. Nothing's perfect (well, not till the cloning works out )
    waves...Bear

Fresenius 4008B 'ARTHUR'
    (artificial renal treatment home unit robot)
    Dialysing since 08'05; Home Haemo since 11'05
    Nocturnal since 03'06

Beachy always understands me so well :-)
    Pierre

I am not on home haemo - only in-center haemodialysis is available in my territory. This topic is very interesting to me. I used to eat a snack while on dialysis. However a few months ago, I had a crisis, started vomiting,etc. The nurses suggested that I not eat on dialysis. Now I only take a drink.
    However, when I finish dialysis I am usually super-hungry! I can't wait to get something to eat.

I'm usually starving after a transaaction on NxStage. I usually dialzye in the late afternoon so I'm ready to fix dinner and eat afterwards.

Bajanne, CAPD and CCPD are available in the Virgin Islands, at the Virgin Islands Kidney Center, Office Eleven, Beeston Hill Medical Center, in Christiansted. Their phone number is 340-773-3227.

If you're interested in home hemo, you might ask that center if they would be willing to start a program, since they already have most of the certification they would need. A nocturnal hemo program could be a tourist draw.