Home Dialysis Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This site doesn't seem to be working yet, but once it is, why don't you submit a description, photo, and web URL so we can put your products in our Helpful Products Catalog: http://www.homedialysis.org/hpc/.

I would be interested in checking this out for my husband.

Unregistered Guest

Default Jay Schwartz

There is a product called CathGuard by RPC that is intended as "a protective device for external central lumen catheters." It looks a little like a finger cot with two strips of double stick tape. I stick it to my abdomen in a convenient place and use it a a pocket to store the end of the PD catheter.

The only drawback I can see is a slight irritation from the double stick tape. Cost is about $1.00 per day.

Unregistered Guest

Default PD belts

there is a company out there that has t-shirts and shower belts. their web site is www.carriagehouse-enterprises.com Take a look, you may like what you see

Unregistered Guest

Default Pd belts

My Davita Center says they dont know how to get insurance approval for PD Belts. I have Medi-Medi insurance and should not have to pay for my belts. I know that other Davita Centers are supplying patients with belts. any suggestions?

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Peritoneal Dialysis Belts

I use tube tops, they work great and dont roll, u can find them on line in all colors for about 4 to 5 dollars, i have 3 and love them, give them a try...

Default Re: A Dialysis Product Just For You.

Only two specific belts are mentioned on this thread. I would like to hear experiences with other types, or even more comments on the Tuck Away and Patient's Pride. My husband will be starting PD in a few weeks and definitely wants to use a belt, not tape.

Default Re: A Dialysis Product Just For You.

Using Google, I found a thread on ihatedialysis.com and a patient who posted in July 2012 said this:

I have the Patients Pride pd belt that I use every day. I find that it is very comfortable and most of the time I don't even know I am wearing it. I also have the Secure Way pd catheter holder that works very well when not wearing the belt.

Here's a Home Dialysis Central page with the PD supplies, including belts.
    http://homedialysis.org/home-dialysi...oneal-dialysis
    Beth Witten MSW ACSW LSCSW
    Medical Education Institute, Inc.

Default Re: PD belts

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Actually, if you can recommend a specific product that you have used YOURSELF, that's okay with us. The concept of a PD belt is a really helpful idea.
    yes, If you have had good experience with PD belt, recommend it here

Default Re: PD belts

I use a pregnancy belt. Called a tummy belt, or belly band. It is wider, more comfortable, and also covers my catheter site. Never liked the catheter belt. My nurse recommended it, and I am a guy! Love it.