Home Dialysis Central

Post Home Hemodialysis Videos

Hello,

I help my grandfather with his nocturnal dialysis at home. I've uploaded some videos of our setup, including showing how I set up the machine and connect his bloodlines.

videos: www.DiscoverDialysis.com

Hopefully these types of videos are useful in helping you if you're considering doing home dialysis.

My grandfather does nocturnal hemodialysis at home four nights per week, and I look after all aspects of his dialysis at home (including machine setup, dialysis treatment, troubleshooting, supplies and monthly bloodwork).

I'm happy to answer any questions & good luck with your dialysis journey!

Michael

Default Re: Home Hemodialysis Videos

Thanks, Michael! As soon as the video started, I figured out that you and your grandfather weren't in the US, because we don't have a Gambro home HD machine here. :-) Great job on the videos! Did they teach you to recap the heparin needle? That's a tricky maneuver (to avoid poking yourself), but I'm not sure what an alternative would be to keep the needle clean...

Default Re: Home Hemodialysis Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Dori Schatell View Post
    Thanks, Michael! As soon as the video started, I figured out that you and your grandfather weren't in the US, because we don't have a Gambro home HD machine here. :-) Great job on the videos! Did they teach you to recap the heparin needle? That's a tricky maneuver (to avoid poking yourself), but I'm not sure what an alternative would be to keep the needle clean...
    You're correct, Dori - we're in Canada! Which machines used in the US for nocturnal patients?

Also, good point about the heparin needle - I hadn't thought about that. I'm trying to remember how we did it in training, but perhaps a one-handed approach would be safer (leaving the cap on the table and sliding the needle back in).