A seizure

Hi all,

I’ve been on dialysis for 18 years now, the last 9 of which have been on daily nocturnal home hemo. In the last three months, I have three instances of fainting. This happens at night after I get back from work and lie down. It is not when I stand up but when I lie down.

The last time this happened was 4 days back and I had symptoms of a seizure (body trembling, hands raised in the air and shaking and biting my tongue - I realised all this as I came back to consciousness).

I met my neph who advised a brain MRI and a neurologist consult. The neuro also got an EEG done. They say there is nothing major in these two reports. He has started me on an anti-convulsant and asked me to stop driving and swimming for a year! He said I must always have someone by my side until a year has passed without incident.

My question is has anyone experienced something like this? Is stopping swimming (I swim every day and absolutely love it) really necessary since I have had episodes very rarely and only at night (I swim in the morning). Any other tips/advice would also be welcome!

Thanks!