Help recruiting a Nephrologist

Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for approving my membership!

I am a social worker in a rural hospital in Southwest Wyoming. We are in need of a full-time Nephrologist. We currently have 23 patients, and we receive calls almost daily for potential new patients. The hospital is in a town of 25,000 people, and we are 2.5 hours from Salt Lake City. The hospital administration is very progressive and supportive of growth.

We are surviving with the use of locum tenens physicians, but we would prefer to have our “own” doc.

I am writing because I wondered: “would any of these professionals know a Nephrologist who would like to move to a more quiet place?” If you do, please let me know.

Thank you,

James Cummings, PsyD, MSW, LCSW

Hi James! Wow, your clinic is lucky to have someone with your advanced training! The American Society of Nephrology has an online job board where job openings can be posted. You have to be a member to search for a job, but I’m not certain if you need to be one to post an opportunity. Here is the link: http://careers.asn-online.org/r/login/login.cfm?goto=%2Fr%2Fjobs%2Findex.cfm%3Fsite_id%3D3739. Wyoming is a beautiful place, and certainly people who grew up in the west may want to return there.

Hello Dori,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Our hospital has a recruiter, but she has not had any luck. My hunch is that she is going through very traditional channels to fill this position. I am trying to find more divergent ways to lend a hand. I will ask her about the ASN just to be sure.

Thank you again,

James

Hello Dori,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Our hospital has a recruiter, but she has not had any luck. My hunch is that she is going through very traditional channels to fill this position. I am trying to find more divergent ways to lend a hand. I will ask her about the ASN just to be sure.

Thank you again,

James