Home Dialysis Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Use of NSAIDs on nocturnal with no kidney function

Thanks Dr Agar,

I am a medical student lurking in this forum to learn from first hand experiences the information here is quite useful

You are doing a great job

Thanks Betsy ... that is very kind of you.

There are a great many 'threads' - as you will see if you scroll back through the many pages over many years .... threads that are still current in the information they contain and the messages they convey. Sadly - in my view - the use of this message board format has dwindled since HDC moved its flagship forum to the social media platform of FaceBook. Again, in my view, FaceBook provides a poor education platform as anything written on FB is immediately swamped by all and any subsequent messaging and is thus effectively 'gone for good' with little hope of retrieval.

I have tried to encourage serious dialysis knowledge-seekers to keep using this platform ... but few do. There is a permanent 'pinned' note at the start of the HDC FaceBook platform that refers to this site and that new members are MEANT to read - but I suspect (like the small print instructions that we 'accept' when we download new internet sites and apps) that no-one ever reads it. Meantime, I occasionally dip a toe in the conversation water at HDC's FaceBook site - but always against my better judgement and always understanding the effernescent nature of that site.

I am thrilled to see that at least one reader comes back here from time to time. More strength to your bow!

Thanks Betsy ... that is very kind of you.

There are a great many 'threads' - as you will see if you scroll back through the many pages over many years .... threads that are still current in the information they contain and the messages they convey. Sadly - in my view - the use of this message board format has dwindled since HDC moved its flagship forum to the social media platform of FaceBook. Again, in my view, FaceBook provides a poor education platform as anything written on FB is immediately swamped by all and any subsequent messaging and is thus effectively 'gone for good' with little hope of retrieval.

I have tried to encourage serious dialysis knowledge-seekers to keep using this platform ... but few do. There is a permanent 'pinned' note at the start of the HDC FaceBook platform that refers to this site and that new members are MEANT to read - but I suspect (like the small print instructions that we 'accept' when we download new internet sites and apps) that no-one ever reads it. Meantime, I occasionally dip a toe in the conversation water at HDC's FaceBook site - but always against my better judgement and always understanding the effernescent nature of that site.

I am thrilled to see that at least one reader comes back here from time to time. More strength to your bow!