A new HR 1004 for the 109th Congress

You never know when a post may lead to something.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:h.r.05321:

H.R.5321
Title: To establish a pilot project to demonstrate the impact of payment for more frequent hemodialysis treatment under the Medicare Program.

Thanks, Bill, for letting us know about this. The text of the bill is not up yet and there are already 2 co-sponsors. I assume since this is a “pilot,” it have some limits on cost, utilization, or how long Medicare would be required to pay for more frequent treatment under the pilot. A previous bill, H.R. 3096, would have required Medicare to pay for more frequent dialysis across the board and has 42 co-sponsors. Hopefully they will jump on this pilot and move it along before the end of the legislative session.

Hi
Is this just getting the medicare to pay more. What about the dialysis companies and insurance companies? We need to to get pressure on the whole group, comsumer/patients , gove’t, dialysis companies(for profit or not) and insurance. The one thing I found is lack of knowledge on the comsumer/patients. My first month or two in center the staff and doctors put the fear of doing it on own in the person . How we could not handle the tx and not follow the doctors orders on complaince. The macines were too hard to understand. While there are a # of comsumers/patients who can’t or would not be able. It should the comsumer/patient who makes the choice. But it must be after the comsumer/patient is given the knowledge and understands that home hemo is not hard. Look at all the of the other people who have medical problems and have to take care of themselves. Don’t forget the dialysis companies and insurance play a big role in what done and who gets what. :?:
bobeleanor