A perspective on the cons of SDD with NxStage

Hi y’all,

Bobeleanor wrote:

I recall epoman first posts, he got the folks who this run site to run his site.

Um, nope. The non-profit Medical Education Institute which runs this site has four sites all together (none of them Epoman’s):
Home Dialysis Central http://www.homedialysis.org
Kidney School http://www.kidneyschool.org
Life Options http://www.lifeoptions.org
Medical Education Institutehttp://www.meiresearch.org

That keeps us busy enough for the moment. :smiley:

And the beat goes on, hehehe :lol: …

Actually, the real truth is that mixing home dialysis with the in-center doesn’t workout…there will be problems…and that’s what happened at EPOMAN’S forums so I deicded to leave and rather rely on this forum for all home dialysis questions and answers…

…that’s the fact. That’s why this forum is only about home dialysis and I praise how this forum is setup. If people want to know more about home dialysis. this is the #1 place to come, where the moderators and the people who run this website are from professionals, people who know how to answer complex and difficult questions by patients…

:smiley:

Problems? We are doing great 12,000+ posts and almost 300 members in the first year I wouldn’t call that a problem by the way did you read the article in the August of issue Nephrology News & Issues about my site. :smiley: I attached the PDF.

By the way I don’t think it is fair to say you “decided to leave” lol

Congrats EPOMAN, still this is the #1 Home Dialysis Resource site, actually the official one sponsored by the companies themselves.

For a place to generally social, chat, play…your site site is a fun place to be…literally I can still get in their lol! 8)

Well of course you can still get in, you don’t think I know that. lol. In fact you can come back when ever you want :slight_smile:

And of course this site is the #1 for Home dialysis users. I agree 100% :slight_smile:

But about the sponsorship yeah I know and that’s what makes my site great NO sponsorship a site BY patients FOR patients. I like that I have complete control over what goes on with my site without influence of sponsors. But if you think the site is just fun and games, well Nephrology News & Issues seem to think differently.

Well of course you can still get in, you don’t think I know that. lol. In fact you can come back when ever you want :slight_smile:

EPOMAN, there’s a security hole in that forum…I’ll just mingle around that’s all…try getting VBulletin, its amazingly secure tight…

And of course this site is the #1 for Home dialysis users. I agree 100% :slight_smile:

But about the sponsorship yeah I know and that’s what makes my site great NO sponsorship a site BY patients FOR patients. I like that I have complete control over what goes on with my site without influence of sponsors. But if you think the site is just fun and games, well Nephrology News & Issues seem to think differently.

The sponsorships here include NxStage, without their support we’re nada…

[/quote]

EPOMAN, there’s a security hole in that forum…I’ll just mingle around that’s all…try getting VBulletin, its amazingly secure tight…

The sponsorships here include NxStage, without their support we’re nada…

[/quote][/quote]

Nada? that’s funny I don’t think if NxStage pulled their sponsorship this site would fall. most people here are not even on nxstage they are traditional home hemo or PD. NxStage does not sponsor ihatedialysis.com and we are growing VERY fast. So I don’t understand the “we are nothing comment” you are saying about homedialysis.org

Hi y’all,

We value the support of all of our sponsors who have helped make it possible for us to:
• Build, maintain, and update this site weekly
• Write original articles for dialyzors and professionals
• Share stories of real people who are doing home treatments
• Do exhibit booths at meetings
• Mail out free postcards
• Make presentations to national and local groups
• Help people understand how home treatments are paid for
• Advocate for legislation to make home therapies more available
• Show people what home dialysis equipment looks like
• Gather info on centers that provide home dialysis training of all types
• Find consultants to help folks start new programs, and much more.

I’m sure we’ve made this point in the past, but our sponsors have not influenced the content of this site. Though we encourage them to suggest topics for our “Topic of the Month” articles, for example, they, um, don’t. There have been very open discussions in these Boards on the pros and cons of various machines, modalities, and providers, and we have not censored those. (The only censoring we do is of spam, flame wars, and solicitations).

Let’s try to avoid all three, shall we? (Watching this thread very closely… :shock:

Hey EPOMAN, perhaps you’d wanna help spread the word about home dialysis and of course help promote legislation, getting more fundings for people on dialysis in the future ahead is something that this dialysis community needs…

Here’s some examples:

Use any of these web stickers to help the cause…
http://capwiz.com/meiresearch/dbq/stickers/?command=fedstickers
http://capwiz.com/meiresearch/dbq/stickers/e4stickers.dbq
http://capwiz.com/meiresearch/dbq/stickers/mediastickers.dbq

Thanks Gus.

And don’t worry Dori, gus and I flame war days are over :slight_smile:

Hello

I meant no harm to the folks who run this site. I just wish you could have a site for in center pts since you do a very good job at keeping folks from mindless banter. The sites I seen for in center folks are not in the same ball park as you folks. See above. Now that I’m home my concers are for in center pts. I was just back at the first center I was dump into, and they have made some changes. In fact I will meet today with pts that sat next to me when I was there, to find out what else has happened. Like I said things have changed , but they are still miles aways from what I as a pt would want. And all I want is be listen to from the drs., nurses, techs, HR person, all of which I did not get when I was there, the place was a ZOO.

I could not get a real answer from Dean Morris the rep from network 4 . If I had not gotten out when I did I was ready to take this whole thing very public. Instead I let some other people that I was very upset about the going ons and it was not just me who had the same problem, only I did my talking in a way that made clear What I was and Will do If I feel or think someting is not right.

Sorry to be a pain, will not be back, my best to all. And Bill I will not email you. Maybe my path will cross yours some day on down the road.

I was not let to sign in.
bobeleanor :smiley:

Actually, we do have a site that is for all folks with kidney disease or kidney failure–Life Options at http://www.lifeoptions.org.

Those message boards used to be much more active, but were soooo badly spammed that we finally had to close them down to members only–and traffic died down to practically a standstill. So, that’s the tightrope we are constantly walking.

Dori, so this is the BIG one? …this board is the most active than your other you have?..just wondering. I seem to be the most active one here… :lol:

This board is definitely the most active one we have. And you’re a frequent contributor, Gus! :smiley:

I admit it I was wrong, per Dale’s recent posts D_S posts are fair game.

Heather I apologize for questioning your etiquette in regard to posting from D_S.