Another presternal cath?

hey all. I was wondering if anybody knew of people with these. I was gonna see how long some people have kept the chest cath in for. CJ-How long did you have yours in for? And how long have some of the people you know had them in for? Have they had any infections and had to switch or have the had infections and were allowed to stay on PD? My dad is having the cath put in next week (GFR is 6) and was wondering. They are also placing a fistula in too at the same time. Have yall ever heard of that? Thanks.

Hi Ashleigh,
Rather than starting a new thread, you’d probably get more (and faster) response if you do a search for this topic using the key word “presternal.” Anyone who is registered, previously posted under that topic, and who set their preferences to get messages when others respond will be notified that a new posting had been made in that topic. This is an advantage of registering on Home Dialysis Central – registering is free.

In the meantime, I’d suggest that you read what has already been posted to see if someone has already answered your questions:
http://www.homedialysis.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1212