Attention All Nxstage Users!

The facility that I go to may have to switch to nxstage d/t new water standards. I am not happy about this since I have looked at the numbers nxstage is putting out and am quite sure you guys are on binders-------but it will be better than going in center. Gus ,I know that you have put pics up before (or anyone else) I’d like to see some really good pics of what your set up supplies consist of-how many bags of water /dialysate with something normal next to it so I can compare sizes (like a bag of sugar or even a ruler will do). And anything else you use daily. Also I’d like to know if you were on a fresenius machine do you have more or less stuff to store.

thanks a bunch

[quote=mz.ann in cleveland;13238]The facility that I go to may have to switch to nxstage d/t new water standards. I am not happy about this since I have looked at the numbers nxstage is putting out and am quite sure you guys are on binders-------but it will be better than going in center.

Some patients on NxStage System One may need binders, but I am not.

Gus ,I know that you have put pics up before (or anyone else) I’d like to see some really good pics of what your set up supplies consist of-how many bags of water /dialysate with something normal next to it so I can compare sizes (like a bag of sugar or even a ruler will do). And anything else you use daily. Also I’d like to know if you were on a fresenius machine do you have more or less stuff to store.

At the moment I don’t have a digital camera (Sold it)…am getting another one soon so it may be awhile till I get new pics of my setup and storage.

thanks a bunch[/quote]

Thanks for your interest!

[QUOTE=mz.ann in cleveland;13238]The facility that I go to may have to switch to nxstage d/t new water standards. I am not happy about this since I have looked at the numbers nxstage is putting out and am quite sure you guys are on binders-------but it will be better than going in center. Gus ,I know that you have put pics up before (or anyone else) I’d like to see some really good pics of what your set up supplies consist of-how many bags of water /dialysate with something normal next to it so I can compare sizes (like a bag of sugar or even a ruler will do). And anything else you use daily. Also I’d like to know if you were on a fresenius machine do you have more or less stuff to store.

thanks a bunch[/QUOTE]

What is it about the water standards that could require a switch to NxStage? I haven’t heard anyone say that NxStage #s aren’t as good as other model machines. Are you doing SDD? My txs are approx. 2 1/2 hrs 6x and my phos had dropped into the 4 range and even the 3 range. I’m now using about half as many binders. But it could be that as I work with it, my binder usage will drop more. It seems to me that before I started SDD, I read that most patients still require some amount of binders. I also read that SDD removes more potassium than phosphorous. But in my case, it is the other way around. Anyone experienced this? Of course, it could be what I am eating, I have eazed up on restricting phos and K foods. I have not gone hog wild lol, but have enjoyed somewhat more of each category.

We do 8 hrs 6 nights and Ralph’s Phos is very low. He is told most times to eat more cheese etc.
This is just the same as when he was on the Freni nocturnal as well. So Ralph does not take Renegel at all. We keep it in case he has to go into the hospital and does the 3 X a week deal.
Pat