Becoming your own Dialysis Provider

Dori,
Ok, will do.

Thanks,
Heather

Is dialysis-support the only patient dialysis net group that is considered a private listserve?

No, I think that any listserv that has archives that can only be viewed by members is considered private. Some listservs have archives that are open to the public. (Though I’m not personally aware of any).

[QUOTE= CONSOLIDATOR I’m very interested in becoming a provider ie to service to some dialysis patients. I’ve read where you do not have to a facility just the machines, supplies, with a physician. I’m needing the cost of the latest machines for the [facility and home hemodialysis] or all the equipment I will need to start.

Thanks,
CONSOLIDATOR

In case anyone reads this thread. As of January 1, 2011, there is no longer the option for Method II reimbursement from Medicare. Medicare only reimburses dialysis facilities for home dialysis equipment, supplies, and support from the home training nurse, dietitian, and social worker as well as certain labs and ESRD-related drugs under the ESRD prospective payment system (PPS).

On dialysis with extra loads, its not easy to find the relevant, lowest price and regulated parties, make sure its end up well