Benefits of Home Dialysis Slideshow now available

The Benefits of Home Dialysis slideshow that I produced a few months back is now available at http://www.kidneysupport.net/.

The page will direct you to register to view it. Once there you can start at Slide 18 to see my presentation though you are certainly welcome to view the whole program.

Please let me know what you think.

There are others in this same series that either are available now or will be soon. A number of the folks come from
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NxStage_Users/

And, HDC’s own Dori is also featured in one of the shows.

Hope you enjoy!

Erich

Hi Folks

I went to site, found they wanted a bit too much info… I don’t recall but I don’t think I had to supply this site with all that info but I’ll check…

Thanks

Bob Obrien

[quote=bobeleanor;16474]Hi Folks

I went to site, found they wanted a bit too much info… I don’t recall but I don’t think I had to supply this site with all that info but I’ll check…

Thanks

Bob Obrien[/quote]

I agree with Bob, ugh… post the dang slides here on HDC for easy access…

So did you enjoy it, or just give up because of the info request?

Mornin… did try to get access to the slides …but seeing that I’m not a Nexstage user seems I can’t…always interested in viewing, reading, collecting information …whatever that has to do with home hemo dialysis…would be nice…perhaps we can convince you to do a presentation at WIZIQ

I did see it but others I referred to see it gave up…hehe…so it would be wise to make it available open, especially here at HDC, just like all other media. I hope to see more people doing home dialysis make their own videos and/or slides…its unique and very helpful on helping others decide about home dialysis. Good job Erich!

Dori or Beth:

What do you think? Since both DaVita and NxStage are important sponsors of HDC do you think you could approach them about having the slides on HDC? Erich

When I get a chance, Erich. I’m a bit swamped at the moment. :slight_smile:

Whenever you get to it, Dori. Know rush. Hope to see you sometime next week. Erich

Hi Erich! Well, I asked, but can’t say when we’ll hear back. :slight_smile:

Hi Folks

That is what I saying, I could not see anything till I signed in. And I don’t like giving my phone # out to just anyone. I don’t want phone calls from medical people unless I know more about them.I get too many calls and I’m on the do not call list.

thanks
bob obrien

[QUOTE=bobeleanor;16554]Hi Folks

That is what I saying, I could not see anything till I signed in. And I don’t like giving my phone # out to just anyone. I don’t want phone calls from medical people unless I know more about them.I get too many calls and I’m on the do not call list.

thanks
bob obrien[/QUOTE]

Bob raises a good point. Does anyone know why the various sign-ups for kidney associations or web seminars etc, require personal info such as tel #, address, city/state etc? I find it invasive, too.

Not sure, Jane. We never require any info ourselves for exactly this reason–we never want to come between people and the education they need, even if it means we don’t know who is accessing our materials. The WiZiQ site (which is separate from us and we don’t have any control over it) requires an email address, but I don’t think it wanted any other personal information.