BiBag Blow-away

I had to use the part b bottles a few times for nocturnal HD. The “porblem” was solved easily. Open two bottles and set up a syphon with about one metre of plastic tube so the machine is usin both bottles at once.
Peter

Im starting to get annoyed with the gambro, Im not sure if its just them but every single morning the conductivity drops out and I have to tap on the bicart cartridge. It is sooo freakin annoying!!! Its hard enough to sleep as it is, then you get woken up anywhere between 1-3hrs before treatment finishes. Need to invent some sort of automatic vibrating thing so it can shake the bicart if the conductivity drops, so I dont have to come out from my cocoon!!

we were having the exact same problem but with the fresenius machine and the bibag. the technicians changed the bibag part of the machine. It didn’t make any difference.
Then, one of them came out and increased the water level in the bibag alittle. This fixed the problem. Also, we only tap the bibag alittle bit just after it has filled to remove just alittle of the air.
We haven’t had the problem since.

Ohhh thanks Queenie. I might give it a tap after it fills up. Might not be the same with a gambro but ill give it a go.

We are trying to picture what this bibag thingy looks like :?

Hi Heather
If you go to Gus’s website gallery pictures of Fresenius you can see Bibag attached to bottom left of Freni and Fresenius 5008. Great invention those bags!

http://www.dailyhemo.org/2/e107_plugins/autogallery/autogallery.php?show=Fresenius%2Fbeachy_0005.JPG

Amba, that must be a real bugger having that alarm all night. I used a Gambro at Noosaville on hols and the same thing happened there, (only on a short run, so it wasn’t so annoying.

Hi Beachy, :slight_smile:
who is the horse’s mouth? did you contact gambro?? I have contacted fresenius and they don’t know anything about it.
cheers Queenie

Hi Beachy, :slight_smile:
who is the horse’s mouth? did you contact gambro?? I have contacted fresenius and they don’t know anything about it.
cheers Queenie[/quote]

Hi Queenie
When I contacted Fresenius this morning they said that they expected the negotiations to be concluded with the outcome we want but as yet it isn’t finalised. My hospital told me it was all sorted but obviously it isn’t yet. Oh well, the champagne was nice anyway! :oops:

hi Beachy, well I hope you didn’t drink to much, and get tipsy!..lol…
I am sure it was enjoyable I would have loved to share a glass with you, but I am allergic to alcohol… i know wierd and sad! at the same time…lol.
hugs Queenie.
:? :slight_smile: :wink:

So is my hubby, Queenie. So I am a lone sad drinker of small quantities! :cry:

The last thing I heard ‘officially’, was that we had until 16/7 to order them…lucky old me - I got an order in yesterday for 6 boxes. Since I still have 4 at home, this’ll keep me going some considerable while :smiley:
If it all comes good for continuation of supply, all well’n’good. But I’m now O.K. for therest of the year! 8)

ON a separate note…I went in for a Hep.B booster shot & it was up at the in-center setup, where I haven’t really been before (not right inside). Interesting to see that they are 100% Fresenius up there.

Hmmm…because of fluid restrictions, I have changed my regular wine order, cutting the reds down radically, in favor of bubbly for my so-called “better half”. It’s quite annoying to see her guzzling copious quantities of the fizzy grape…later followed by a ‘baby’ bottle of chilled water, so she doesn’t get dehydration/hangover, while I muse over whether I can allow myself a glass of Sauv.Blanc or a cup of tea. :frowning: :roll:

It’s a good thing no one outside dialysis is privy to this talk re excitement over bilbags…might think you are ready for the funny farm :roll:

Well I’ve just received an e-mail from Margot 2 Fresenius (FMC-Asia) to say they have signed a licence with Gambro to supply those home haemo patients who pre-date 19 March’06. yee-ha!
THe fact that I made sure I stocked up and have boxes nearly to the ceiling, plus 2 in the garage, is incidental. :roll: :smiley:

Isn’t that great! A win for commonsense and people power. I am sure they were flooded with emails, letters and phone calls. Just shows we can make a difference. :smiley:

Great outcome…glad to hear everything worked out :smiley: