Buttonhole Advice Needed

When removing the scab for the BH technique does the scab come off easily or is it irritiating? Is there any soreness when making the BH tunnels?

I use a tweezer to remove the scab, I keep in in alcohol, reduces risk of infection, yes it removes easily. When starting the buttonholes you use sharp needles so it feels the same as sticking with sharps. Once the buttonholes are established there is seldom pain, as even when I have to switch to sharps the tunnel is mostly open so you don’t really feel the sharps. Sometimes my buttonholes are sore, but it is because I am allergic to the tape so my skin is often quite irritated and sore and that will affect the buttonhole, I don’t think it would even really be irritated/sore if I didn’t have such “reactive” skin.

One technique is by using the same tip of the buttonhole needle to remove it…however, before doing that way be sure you have ALCOHOL GEL over the scab then carefully use the tip of the buttonhole needle to flip out the scab…the scab then will freely float into the ALCOHOL GEL

I use to scrub hard with soap and water but found that after a while your skin will become red and irritating, also now and then you may have a skin rash or soar buttonholes due to allergic reactions to either plastic or paper tape or both…even ther ALCOHOL GEL will cause some skin rash after prolonged use…

I would recommend that after getting the buttonholes in remove the excess ALCOHOL GEL then place a 2x2 folded once under the buttonhole to keep that skin area dry and clean…

Also, what worked great to control skin rashes is Aloe Vera Gel…use a little after each dialysis…only when needed… ONLY AROUND THE SKIN RASH AND NOT ON BUTTONHOLE