Centers and diets and doctors

That bit of the letter is confusing. What I was trying to get at is that my private insurance through the union wont pick up the cost of treatments beyond what Medicare authorizes: three times a week. I was trying to say that Medicare is the ESRD rule setter when it comes to what is acceptable care - that is why three hour treatments, three days a week is an acceptable standard for private payors too. I was able to follow up the letter with long phone calls and a face to face meeting during a lobbying trip to DC a couple weeks after I sent the letter - not that anything came of it but I do believe the staffer understood my point of view.

As far as writing a book - I only really write for fun when I’m traveling or at least away from home. Maybe once I can travel with a dialysis machine I’ll spend a couple months in a cabin in the woods on a lake with my dog and write the next great American novel. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what you mean here. Which report? What did you think of the President’s proposal to increase the private payor period to 60 months?