Computer lessons

What is quick reply?

In the lower right of each message box are three options:
One says “Quote”; I think that is the straight full quote of the message one replies to and if you roll your cursor over the other two icons you’ll see that they are “Multi-Quote this Message” and “Quick reply to this message”.

From the point of view of a registered member I am not sure what the third button does that is different from clicking the “Post Reply” button on the lower left of the thread but the two quote buttons are handy and there may be a difference for those not logged in.

[quote=Bill Peckham;13682]In the lower right of each message box are three options:
One says “Quote”; I think that is the straight full quote of the message one replies to and if you roll your cursor over the other two icons you’ll see that they are “Multi-Quote this Message” and “Quick reply to this message”.

From the point of view of a registered member I am not sure what the third button does that is different from clicking the “Post Reply” button on the lower left of the thread but the two quote buttons are handy and there may be a difference for those not logged in.[/quote]

Hi all, I just used multi-quote to (quote)reply to both of you. In this case, I select multi-quote from each of your posts and then hit the REPLY button on lower left. As you can see this feature is very very useful for quote replying to many people. Speeds up the process while keeping everyone’s post in one post.

The 3rd “Quick Reply” lets you reply without quoting anyone.

Ok I see how this works now- that was easy- thanks! I am not computer literate and would appreciate any other tips for making posts more functional/attractive.