Cramp or crash on SDD/SND

@ heather, I only did short daily treatments during training. So I would not be able to give a good comparison of the two txs. Also I use a quinton catheter which makes my situation very different. I have very weak veins and have not had much luck with fistulas. Probably one of the factors in why I am on nocturnal with the NxStage is the access issue. The quinton was starting to fail on in center. The NxStage nocturnal allows me to run slower blood pump speeds therefor putting less stress on the access. I am very happy with the freedom I now have with my diet. I am not sure if it would be so nice on short daily’s and I would have to run at a higher blood pump speed.
The encapsulating peritonitis is probably from being on PD so long and all the complications I had with the PD in general. There is some speculation that using the higher concentration pd fluids could also bring on encapsulating P.
I haven’t mentioned it, but I am also sensitized and have a very low chance of getting a transplant.
LSB