Dialyzer

What size/make/type dialyzer are you using for daily txs?

hello jane , my hubby is using a 17L dialyzer at the moment, he started at 14L. he is doing dialysis training 5 day’s per week for 6 weeks then it will be 4 hr’s every second day.

I’m on a 210H. Went down to a 170H for the first few weeks of nocturnal, but was soon put back on the 210.
-Bear

My husband is on a polyflux 21L. which is the same as any 210.

cheers Queenie

I use the exact same dialyzer I used in-centre. We mostly all use a Fresenius Polysulfone Hi-Flux dialyzer. Most use an Opti-Flux, but mine is an F70NRe, which is sterilised by electron beam - no chemicals. I proved to be allergic to the standard ones.

One thing I like about our home hemo program here is that the machines and setup are identical to what they use in the centre. So if you have already been dialyzing in-centre for a while as I was, it’s not totally unfamiliar. Plus, you look pretty smart when you do have to dialyze in-centre as happens occasionally :slight_smile:

Unless I let the machine recirculate longer than I have to, it only takes me 45 minutes between starting and getting on treatment. It actually goes by pretty fast.

Pierre

Pierre:

One thing I like about our home hemo program here is that the machines and setup are identical to what they use in the centre. So if you have already been dialyzing in-centre for a while as I was, it’s not totally unfamiliar. Plus, you look pretty smart when you do have to dialyze in-centre as happens occasionally

Yeah, looking smart beats looking stupid :roll: