Does anyone Purchase their Own Buttonhole Needles?

Is it possible for the patient to purchase buttonhole needles - namely the Medisystem 16g x1.
I will be moving and the center im moving too use a different brand. Its probably not a big deal, but I wanted to know just in case I had to purchase on my own.
Also, how does everyone clean their buttonhole sites - alchol pads, betadine pads, etc…just curous

thanks

[quote=Anonymous;13622]Is it possible for the patient to purchase buttonhole needles - namely the Medisystem 16g x1.
I will be moving and the center im moving too use a different brand. Its probably not a big deal, but I wanted to know just in case I had to purchase on my own.
Also, how does everyone clean their buttonhole sites - alchol pads, betadine pads, etc…just curous

thanks[/quote]

Hi, yes you can. In most cases, those are already payed by insurance. If you do decide to buy on your own you can get them at http://www2.henryschein.com/us-en/Shopping/ProductBrowser.aspx?categoryname=MediSystems+Corp&browsingmode=m&N=4294967026&Reset=4294967026

As for cleaning I use betadine and alcohol here. AntiBacterial soap before using betadine/alcohol…

Gus,

As ususal, thanks for the info…

[quote=Anonymous;13629]Gus,

As ususal, thanks for the info…[/quote]

Sure thing, your welcomed!

Our blunt buttonhole needles are provided by our home dialysis program - in Canada mind you, so very different from the US I understand.

We use alcohol swabs to prepare sites. (30 second clean, pick scab, additional 30 second clean).

Hope this helps.

KidneyMom

My clinic gave me a big box of button-hole needles that I have had since Dec. 2006 and still going. I wash my arm with antibacterial soap, alcohol pad, pick scabs, alcohol pad and then betadine.

Royboogie