[Fires - flames] Are you Prepared?

How many of you home hemodialysis patients have lightweight fire extinguishers near your dialysis machine?

Point taken - count me as “not yet”.

I use to have one (I won it at a fireman’s ball when I was in high school) but it expired long ago. I did look at a pair the last time I was at Costco - I need to step up and take this sensible preparation measure.

Does everyone have working smoke alarms too? At least I have those.

[quote=Bill Peckham;14277]Point taken - count me as “not yet”.

I use to have one (I won it at a fireman’s ball when I was in high school) but it expired long ago. I did look at a pair the last time I was at Costco - I need to step up and take this sensible preparation measure.

Does everyone have working smoke alarms too? At least I have those.[/quote]

Yup, have them here too…including my Hua huas…each time the telephone or those smoke alarms ring they yelp and howl SOo loud! …Annoying is that one of the smoke alarms closest to kitchen always rings after cooking a meal…

Just don’t use that as an excuse to yank out its battery. My husband’s best friend’s family did that–and none of them survived the house fire that started in the middle of the night when dryer lint caught on fire. :frowning:

I have one but its not near the dialysis machine, its near the dialysis supplies. My vote makes it a 3-Way-Tie!

Oh dear, thanks for that reminder!