Getting closer to the real thing

Progress, so far, plumbing & electrical installed, including sink, water unit & a rather grotty 'tray; for the machine. That took the engineer & his colleague a day.

Flooring, we are doing ourselves. Beach ‘effect’ "fast fix 10 laminated flooring. Should look good & we reckon that can be done this weekend.

Once that’s completed, I can poke, errr I mean tell, the unit to carry on with deliver & installation of the machine, stock, waste removal & contacting council, elec & water companies & insurance. :slight_smile:

Shall be posting pictures on Flickr :slight_smile:

Best

J

[quote=JW77;14602]Progress, so far, plumbing & electrical installed, including sink, water unit & a rather grotty 'tray; for the machine. That took the engineer & his colleague a day.

Flooring, we are doing ourselves. Beach ‘effect’ "fast fix 10 laminated flooring. Should look good & we reckon that can be done this weekend.

Once that’s completed, I can poke, errr I mean tell, the unit to carry on with deliver & installation of the machine, stock, waste removal & contacting council, elec & water companies & insurance. :slight_smile:

Shall be posting pictures on Flickr :slight_smile:

Best

J[/quote]

Fantastic! Thanks for the update!

Gus
P.S. My dialysis room was relocated and renovation has taken place…it all looks different now…will post pictures later and maybe a movie…

I now have :

Stock, All the bits & pieces.

a Gambro AK 95 dialysis machine, but no chair! My nurse will come along Thursday & just check every thing’s OK.

My last session (assuming the chair turns up) was today, my first at home will be Thursday! :slight_smile:

Anyone know where I can download the manual? I thought there was somewhere online, but damned if I can find it. I like to know how these things work in more detail!

Wow, great progress, JW! You’re almost there! I wasn’t able to find the AK 95 manual either. Poking around on the Gambro website (which doesn’t even list their specific machines), the best I was able to find was a contact form: http://gambro.com/Pages/Special/XForm.aspx?id=9577.

Well it all went fine today, although I realised last night that I didn’t have any blue clamps (A clamps??) ), so it was down to the unit at 10pm to pick some up!!

My named nurse, Andy turned up at around 8ish just to check everything was OK, there’s a slight drip on the drainage so the tech’s are coming to look at that on Monday!

I’m also short of dialysate! So again I may have to go to the unit to pick some up, there seems to be a supply problem. It seems that Unicare are living up to their slightly shady reputation

Other than that ‘the beast’ as I’ve nicknamed it behaved well! I’m a little peeved that I haven’t got a new version of that machine with the swivel control panel! Pah!

Dialysing again tomorrow as I’m away for the weekend!