Gus is Slammed with the Pureflow Sl

Hehehe, I kinda didn’t want it and wanted to stick with bags, but based on what the clinic and my Neph said about NxStage’s financial woes and trying to stay afloat by doing all they can to support us, well, I decided to not complain and just go with Pureflow Sl… I started training on Friday April 20th …went in at 9am and started for training at about 9:15am…at about 11am we went out for lunch and came back at 2pm…ended at 3pm…a total of almost 3 hours of training. Once I got back home I unpacked my Pureflow Sl and all associated boxes and started to assemble, organize the room. That same night I created a batch that completed at 4am on Saturday…by 9am I was already on dialysis using Pureflow Sl…did 4hours with the new cartridge. All went very well, no alarms or delays…here’s some pics to share…

At clinic for training…Friday morning

At home Saturday Morning

Host Images with PicTiger

I have two new home movies coming soon, its about the process I went through with the Pureflow Sl…

Gus, I knew you would like it. It is so great!
Pat

[quote=Pat Colongione;13383]Gus, I knew you would like it. It is so great!
Pat[/quote]

I guess I am beginning to like it, but still need to get use to it. Its not that bad as I thought it was…

Gus. I noticed that you left the IV pole and warmer bracket on the machine rather than using the little saline bag hanger that attaches to the side. Smart move! If you ever have to use your bags you will be glad you left it on.

We haven’t had to use bags in quite some time, but I have a standalone IV pole that we use if we have to use bags. I hve to get the warmer bracket out though to hold the warmer. They need a bracket that attaches to the IV pole to hold the warmer.

[quote=billable;13386]Gus. I noticed that you left the IV pole and warmer bracket on the machine rather than using the little saline bag hanger that attaches to the side. Smart move! If you ever have to use your bags you will be glad you left it on.

We haven’t had to use bags in quite some time, but I have a standalone IV pole that we use if we have to use bags. I hve to get the warmer bracket out though to hold the warmer. They need a bracket that attaches to the IV pole to hold the warmer.[/quote]

I really think its best to leave the original I.V. pole as-is…I think NxStage may have saved money not making that small I.V. extension. The thing is the external warmer that may be needed when traveling and for backup purposes. Its inconvenient removing the bracket that requires tilting and/or lifting the cycler just to install or remove it.

It is about time, Gus! Erich

Hehehe, ya…I feel like another train car connected to the rest…heeeheehee

Like promised, here’s my new video on first day of getting the Pureflow Sl ready at home… Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m1fOz089LHo

Good video, Gus! What were all those wires for…maybe your computer and other stuff?

If you meant on the back of the Pureflow Sl, yes those were connections to and from the Control Panel and Cycler, then you have the water lines…incoming and outgoing…and of course, the eletrical lines…

I know, unsightly design, hehehehe.