Happy new year

SARACASM? Or what the title of this thread means? All I can say is that you may be upset but its the realities of life in the USA. The work force really really wants a secure working environment and I can see they won’t take any chances for mistakes or any lawsuits. Its very sad I know, but I suppose if your one of the victims and you think you have a good case against whoever fired you then you should file a case against them.

Hi folks

Gus have you ever held a job? Let me tell I have and it no fun having to fight for what “healthy people” take for granted. The right to hold a job and do your job better than some people without health issues do. I don’t see the “SARCASM” , in this, this the cold hard fact. That people who can and do work with a health issues can do it just as well if not better than people in good health. I understand that not everybody can do any job, no matter in good health or with a health condition.

You must not know or understand that battles are in front of the people not just in dialysis but with other conditions. I guess you think that wheel chair ramps should not be in place, or that buses or trains should not have things open to the person with a health issue? It that kind of thinking that sets the people with real health issues who want to work back 20 years.

Error Page — Great Lakes ADA Center

What I took from this is we no matter health issue we may be faced with we better be ready to stand up. And not count on the govet, or groups to help us. And no I’m not mad or upset. The simple fact is as I see it from the account it that it will more than anything end in the courts.
bobeleanor

Hi Folks

I forgot this…

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4183/is_20060113/ai_n16009977

bobeleanor

[quote=bobeleanor;11765]Hi folks

Gus have you ever held a job? Let me tell I have and it no fun having to fight for what “healthy people” take for granted. The right to hold a job and do your job better than some people without health issues do. I don’t see the “SARCASM” , in this, this the cold hard fact. That people who can and do work with a health issues can do it just as well if not better than people in good health. I understand that not everybody can do any job, no matter in good health or with a health condition.

You must not know or understand that battles are in front of the people not just in dialysis but with other conditions. I guess you think that wheel chair ramps should not be in place, or that buses or trains should not have things open to the person with a health issue? It that kind of thinking that sets the people with real health issues who want to work back 20 years.

http://www.adagreatlakes.org/ProgramsAndServices/AudioConferencing/Archives/FY2007/default.asp?Year=2007&Session=1

What I took from this is we no matter health issue we may be faced with we better be ready to stand up. And not count on the govet, or groups to help us. And no I’m not mad or upset. The simple fact is as I see it from the account it that it will more than anything end in the courts.
bobeleanor[/quote]

Bob, read those articles closely and you’ll see that Employers really want to protect their environment. It really depends on the employee that got fired, why did they get fired. The true hard facts…

There are many people with disabilities working and some are unfortunate. The laws are there and your rights are on your hands. Can you prove and provide a case against your employer that fired you? If so, its your chance to stand up and do something about it.

On the other hand, if an employer thinks there’s danger or a hazard then they will act as well! They won’t sit there till something happens.

Hi y’all,

Folks who have chronic diseases like diabetes and kidney failure cost employers a lot of money for health insurance. So, I’d guess that some of these “discrimination” suits are actually attempts to get costly employees out the door and off of the company’s health plan even more than they seriously consider the “public health risks.” Though, it’s the job of attorneys to reduce exposure to risk, so there is also a risk aspect.

A couple of suggestions, though. When you post a link to another article, please give us a little bit of context–what is the article about? Why is it relevant to home dialysis? Also, this topic of work discrimination should really have been a new thread. It will be hard for folks to find it later since it’s still under “happy holidays.” So, when you’re posting something new, please give it some background and start a new thread if it’s a new topic.