Home Dx update a week & a bit on

Hello from slightly damp North London, England!
The weather forcast can be seen here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2737
Although it seems to be brightening up!

Well the home haemo seems to be going fine. Supplies of dialysate are a slight problem. Unicare, the supplier seems to have problems with regular dialysate, only stocking (at the moment, low potassium fluid.A43) Not ideal. I’ve been to the unit to pick up 8 tanks of regular (A49) fluid, which should keep me going for a few weeks!
Not impressive.

What IS slightly more impressive is that I don’t have to spend hours in traffic, I get to dialyse when I want & slightly more if needed.

My consultant is probably the most… Unique, original?? Consultant I’ve ever know as he’s been hands on involved from the start. From the tech assessment onwards.

He’s coming along next Tuesday to see the setup & do a brief ‘clinic!’

Hey JW !

Congratulations on doing dialysis in the privacy of your own home. i know you have been looking forward to getting it organised for a while, it is a big relief when it all comes together isn’t it. I hope you get the dialysate sorted out quickly. What machine do you have and what hours are you doing?

PS Here in sunny tropical Northern NSW, Australia you will be pleased to know it is blowing a gale, cold and wet as well .
Cheers

[quote=JW77;14748]Hello from slightly damp North London, England!
The weather forcast can be seen here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2737
Although it seems to be brightening up!

Well the home haemo seems to be going fine. Supplies of dialysate are a slight problem. Unicare, the supplier seems to have problems with regular dialysate, only stocking (at the moment, low potassium fluid.A43) Not ideal. I’ve been to the unit to pick up 8 tanks of regular (A49) fluid, which should keep me going for a few weeks!
Not impressive.

What IS slightly more impressive is that I don’t have to spend hours in traffic, I get to dialyse when I want & slightly more if needed.

My consultant is probably the most… Unique, original?? Consultant I’ve ever know as he’s been hands on involved from the start. From the tech assessment onwards.

He’s coming along next Tuesday to see the setup & do a brief ‘clinic!’[/quote]

Congratulations! Get us some pics if you will!

So Dr D has been & seen. All is well I have my first proper in unit session for monthly bloods on Thursday, Skin clinic & counsellings on Wednesday. All seems to be going well. Having mum (and dad) as carer isn’t as bad as I thought it would be although I’m a little nervous about the long term, they are both OAP’s, I don’t have a partner or friend (at the moment) whos willing to learn the ropes so to speak.

Its great to hear its going smoothly, some people really have a no good start and your one of of the very few who really show an optimistic journey ahead.

Keep in mind its okay, long term is no biggy, just stride along and let hemo dialysis be part of you life. Don’t let it get you down and try enjoying life as much as you can. Having your parents be caretakers is nothing to be ashamed of. They are family and your quite fortunate to have your parents still around! Believe it or not, but my caretakers are my parents as well. Been doing it since 1978…now and then other family members do take part, but really I feel I can do this alone. but they get quite angry if I do…so just stride along with them and be happy…hehehehe