How long do you take to feel "normal"?

Beachy do you have halloween Down Under? I feel like I should know the answer. Here in the States Halloween has become a big party night.[/QUOTE]

Hi Bill
Australia is becoming very Americanized due to the bulk of our TV coming from you guys , so yes Halloween is becoming more popular, particularly in the cities. Out here in the bush the kids are trying to push the envelope and go on rampages demanding stuff, but most people in regional areas just don’t open the door to them (; We have a gate with a “beware of the Nelson” sticker which seems to deter most revellers. I think we can live without Halloween over here, leave it to you guys. We have Christmas, Australia Day (poorly celebrated), Easter and the Queen’s Birthday public holiday and they are mainly all just regarded as a day off work. The biggest day of the year however is next Tuesday, Melbourne Cup Day, which in true Aussie spirit is a bloody horse race!! Everyone dresses up . goes to the races ,gets drunk and no shops are open. Next inportant would be the football Grand Finals…
Cheers
Beachy (tried to log in but it rejected me)