I believe/know the NxStage people are monitoring this site

and posting pro-NxStage opinions…is this ethical to have a company who is financially benifiting from the use of their products scowering this patient oriented web site? It makes me feel dirty…home dialysis (hemo OR peritoneal dialysis) are the way to go…but should we be getting opinions from a group that has a financial interest in us using their products? Please be VERY careful about what you read and believe on this site…

Who do you think we are? Phony patients?..this board here is public and all of us share our experiences as patients…

As far as Pro-NxStage, they’re a company leading the way in daily-short dialysis who also have a private messaging system to get feedback from their current patient users…if you ask why? To improve what they’re offer to us…I think that’s SOOooo cool of them doing that. That’s healthy communication there…

P.S. I hate trolls…

Just keep your eyes open…a fact is a fact…please no personal attacks…I respect your opinion, please do the same for mine…

thanks,

Stan

You know what I wanna hear from you? Your exeprience at home as a dialysis patient, but that’s not the case…

Your just smearing this board, that’s all…

just stated facts…please either respond intellegently without bashing or let it go…there is no malice intended here…please let the anger go

Please be a patient and tell us about your home dialysis expetriences…lets put it this way…

Are you a patient? If so, tell us a little bit about you…

Have you read the rules of the board? its all about us the patients…anything offtopic should be deleted… :oops:

Stan,

You say you are stating facts. I’m with Gus on this one. Most of the NxStage posts made on this site are from patients useing the machine. Can you point us to one that wasn’t a patient to verify your facts.

Hi y’all,

Stan wrote:

…is this ethical to have a company who is financially benifiting from the use of their products scowering this patient oriented web site?

Is it ethical to prevent anyone with a legitimate point of view and useful information to offer from visiting this site just because they work with a company? No. Even if we had some way to block certain people from visiting (and we don’t), we wouldn’t do it.

The reality is, the generosity of our sponsors–the companies that manufacture dialysis machines, provide dialysis treatments, educate patients and professionals, and communicate to the community (I hope that covers all of our categories!) is what makes it possible for us to develop, monitor, and continue to update this site.

Our job is to be Switzerland. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: We want to raise awareness and use of PD and home hemo. We believe that these therapies offer patients more freedom, flexibility, control, better physical and mental functioning, and opportunities to keep their jobs if the’yre working age. We purposely asked for (and were fortunate enough to receive) support from all of the relevant companies, and we don’t play favorites. Just as one type of treatment may be a better fit for one person than another, or at one point in time than another, the same is true of machines. We’re delighted that so many choices are available for patients.

We are well aware that a variety of folks visit this site often, including patients, industry representatives, market research firms (we’ve had to crack down on recruitment for research), CMS, and probably others as well. Good! The more these folks can see the excitement, enthusiasm, and even the glitches that occur with home treatments, the better equipped they are to meet patients’ needs, improve their machines, and even start new home programs. I consider this a tremendous plus, myself.

The reality is, the generosity of our sponsors–the companies that manufacture dialysis machines, provide dialysis treatments, educate patients and professionals, and communicate to the community (I hope that covers all of our categories!) is what makes it possible for us to develop, monitor, and continue to update this site.

The above itself indicates a conflict of interest…thanks for clearing this up for me…no need to reply or post more…the argument has just ended with your quotes

Personally I am happy manufacturers and units are monitoring this site. I think it is important that they hear what we have to say, and even possibly to correct us if we misrepresent anything.

It sounds to me as if you have some bone to pick, maybe you are with a competitor, who knows. I do know that all of the major manufacturer’s have advocates on this site, advocates who use the machines, WE, the consumers are the ones who matter, so… unless you are a dialysis patient, go away.

Cathy
Fresenius from 9/04 to 3/06
NxStage 3/06
PKD

The above itself indicates a conflict of interest…thanks for clearing this up for me…no need to reply or post more…the argument has just ended with your quotes

Tell you what, Stan. If you’re independently wealthy or otherwise able to fully support our site on your own so we don’t need sponsors, let us know. :smiley:

Otherwise, we remain grateful for the support–and not one of our sponsors has ever asked us to influence our content in any way. They have provided some patient stories for us (which we indicate right on the story so folks know) and answer the odd question for us here and there (though we still have no idea how much the machines cost).

For some reason, people seem to believe that money falls from the sky, or maybe that we’re very lucky in our lottery ticket purchases. The reality is, we’re a small non-profit organization, and can only do this site with financial support from outside. As a private foundation, less than 1% of our revenues come from contributions. So, whether you like our sources of support or not, the reality is, the site wouldn’t be here without our sponsors. If we favored one over the others, we would have a conflict of interest. But we don’t.

Plus, I truly do believe it’s a win-win for patients to be able to share their needs and observations and for industry to be able to better meet patients’ needs.

Then perhaps you shouldn’t be posting here!?!

You still did not answer the question that Gus asked. I am in no way affiliated with NxStage, just a customer. You sound more like you work for a comparator of NxStage. Which one? This is not an attack just a question, you can answer a question can’t you?