I try this before

I have purple ribbons for kidney disease that are printed on magnets on the back of my cars. I got them from The National Kidney Foundation. Erich

Hey there, I’ll add to the thread…here’s the type of ribbon Bob is probably looking for…it’s the green ribbon for kidney disease…

Some Items
http://www.craftsnscraps.com/awareness/greenribbons.html

Well, I decided to make our very own home dialysis green ribbon, so here it is…feel free to use it on your home dialysis blog sites…

EDIT: New messageboard, hurray!! :slight_smile: …anyway, here are the new green ribbons I made for our little community…

Check my blog site, lower right-hand facing screen…

ENJOY!

Just a reminder, those of you who have home dialysis blogs or websites please help spread the word about home dialysis by placing a green ribbon like these below…as you can see it has the HDC logo on them. Alll ready for you to place on your websites…you can see an example on my blog site on the lower right corner…its linked directly to HDC … use the ones above or make your own, but helping in spreading about the goodness about frequent dialysis at home would very very well benefit the cause and at the same time help educate people.

Ribbons, ribbons everywhere…I see that green is associated with “kidney cancer, tissue/organ donation” I think we should realize as much as we would like to raise awareness of CKD it is only one of many dread diseases. (source)
Pink Ribbon :
Meaning: Most commonly associated with breast cancer awareness, this ribbon is also a symbol for birth parents, and childhood cancer awareness (alternative color: light blue) We also now have a CafePress.com store offering pink ribbon clothing and pink ribbon items for the home and office.
Yellow Ribbon :

Meaning: We’ve all seen this symbol used to support our troops, but it is also a symbol for MIA/POW, suicide prevention, adoptive parents, amber alerts, bladder cancer, spina bifida, endometriosis, and a general symbol for hope. A yellow ribbon with a heart is used to represent the survivors left behind after a suicide.
Pale Yellow Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of spina bifida
Red Ribbon :
Meaning: Most commonly associated with the fight against AIDS and HIV, this ribbon also is a symbol for heart disease, stroke, substance abuse, MADD, DARE, Epidermolysis Bullosa, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
We also now have a CafePress.com store offering red ribbon clothing and red ribbon items for the home and office.
Burgundy Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of brain aneurysm, Cesarean section (worn upside down), headaches, hemangioma, vascular malformation, hospice care, multiple myeloma, William’s syndrome, Thrombophilia, Antiphospholid Antibody Syndrome, and adults with disabilities
Purple Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of pancreatic cancer, testicular cancer, thyroid cancer, domestic violence, ADD, alzheimer’s, religious tolerance, animal abuse, the victims of 9/11 including the police and firefighters, Crohn’s disease and colitis, cystic fibrosis, lupus, leimyosarcoma, and fibromyalgia
Lavender Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol for general cancer awareness. It can also be a symbol for epilepsy, and rett syndrome
Periwinkle Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of eating disorders and pulmonary hypertension
Blue Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of drunk driving, child abuse, Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI), the victims of hurricane Katrina, dystonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), alopecia, Education, Epstein-Barr Virus, Save the Music, colon cancer (alternative ribbon color: brown), colorectal cancer (alternative ribbon color: brown), and anti-tobacco - particularly anti-second hand smoke (in Canada; alternative ribbon color: brown), I Love Clean Air/ILCA Campaign (Japan)
Dark Blue Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of arthritis, child abuse prevention, victim’s rights, free speech, water quality, and water safety
Light Blue Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of childhood cancer (alternative color: pink), prostate cancer, Trisomy 18, and scleroderma
Teal Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol for ovarian, cervical, and uterine cancers as well as sexual assault, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and tsunami victims
Green Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of childhood depression, missing children, open records for adoptees, environmental concerns, kidney cancer, tissue/organ donation, homeopathy, and worker and driving safety
Orange Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of leukemia, hunger, cultural diversity, humane treatment of animals, and self-injury awareness
We also now have a CafePress.com store offering orange ribbon clothing and orange ribbon items for the home and office.
White Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of innocence, victims of terrorism, violence against women, peace, right to life, bone cancer, adoptees, and retinal blastoma
Pearl Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol for emphysema, lung cancer, mesothelioma, and multiple sclerosis
Black Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of mourning, melanoma, and gang prevention
Brown Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is an anti-tobacco symbol as well as a symbol of colon cancer (alternative ribbon color: blue), colorectal cancer (alternative ribbon color: blue)
Grey Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol of diabetes, asthma, and brain cancer
Silver Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol for children with disabilities, Parkinson’s disease, and mental illnesses such as severe depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and anxiety disorders.
Gold Ribbon :
Meaning: This color is a symbol for childhood cancer
Jigsaw Puzzle Ribbon:
Meaning: This style of ribbon is a symbol for autism
Lace Ribbon:
Meaning: This style of ribbon is a symbol for osteoporosis
Pink and Blue Ribbon:
Meaning: This style of ribbon is a symbol for miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant death due to SIDS or other causes
Flag Ribbon:
Meaning: This style of ribbon is a symbol for both the victims and heros of the 9/11 attacks. It is also a symbol of patriotism and support of our troops. In addition, it is a symbol of fireworks safety.
Rainbow Ribbon:
Meaning: This style of ribbon is a symbol of gay pride and support for the GLBT community and their quest for equal rights.

“Green is the color of nature, fertility, life. Grass green is the most restful color. Green symbolizes self-respect and well being. Green is the color of balance. It also means learning, growth and harmony. Green is a safe color, if you don’t know what color to use anywhere use green.
Green is favored by well balanced people. Green symbolizes the master healer and the life force. It often symbolizes money. It was believed green was healing for the eyes. Egyptians wore green eyeliner. Green eyeshades are still used. You should eat raw green foods for good health. Friday is the day of green. Green jade is a sacred stone of Asia.”…READ MORE

Check out Angie’s example kidney dialysis community …Wow! Nice fresh healthy green everywhere!

Yeah, but this guy’s green, and he’s not healthy:

Hahaha, nice find Dori! I think he needs a kidney transplant… the perfect icon to spread the word about Home Dialysis? Hehehe

Gus

Hee hee! I couldn’t resist. :smiley: He does kinda look like he needs a transplant, though–or much better dialysis!