IV Iron

Hi Folks

Has anyone heard or seen anything on this yet???

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080219005890&newsLang=en

Also anyone doing long Tx and using heparin (stand alone) pump. Are the pumps battery run or on AC. If they run on house current where did you get it and do you have any idea on cost?

Thanks
bob obrien

Hi Bob,

No, I sure hadn’t heard of this. Thanks for keeping us cutting-edge! I’m off to the NKF meeting in Dallas tomorrow, and if there’s something on this, will fill y’all in. :smiley:

As far as heparin pumps, I believe they run somewhere between $1,000 and $2,000–depending on how many are purchased (the center would have to provide it as part of dialysis supplies). They run off standard household current, and probably don’t use much.

Bob,

Our center provides a heparin pump. It runs off 120 AC – just plugs in the wall. It contains a battery so will operate without being plugged in. We run nocturnal for about 8-1/2 hours.

Mel

Hi Folks

Hey Mel

Is this a USA item and I’m not if this site lets folks list products names but if so could you post name or email me with name.

[QUOTE=Mel;15785]Bob,

Our center provides a heparin pump. It runs off 120 AC – just plugs in the wall. It contains a battery so will operate without being plugged in. We run nocturnal for about 8-1/2 hours.

Mel[/QUOTE]

thanks
bob obrien

Hi Bob, We use a Medifusion 2001. It is supplied to us by the center and plugs into the electric and has a battery backup.

Pat

Hi Folks

Hello Pat,
Hope things are working for guys.And thanks for the name of pump, my runs on two C battery.

What is the name of your center once more. I putting together a # of letters that I’m going to send out and I’m going to use the name of my center and I know Bill’s center (NWKC?) and I have forgotten the name of yours. I think you have spoken highly of the way they do things.

[QUOTE=Pat Colongione;15790]Hi Bob, We use a Medifusion 2001. It is supplied to us by the center and plugs into the electric and has a battery backup.

Pat[/QUOTE]

bob obrien

Bob,

We use a Medfusion 3500. Undoubtedly any pump designed to hold syringes would work.

Mel

Hi Folks

Thanks to Mel and Pat, I have to make a run to nit today will ask them to look into these pumps.

Bob OBrien

Bob, Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. Our center is the Rubin Dialysis Center. We have three centers all under Rubin. The original one is in Troy, NY, the second one was estabished in Saratoga, NY and the last one opened in May of 03. That one is in Clifton Park, NY.
Pat

My husbands heparin pump is attached to the fresenius machine. A 20 ml syringe attached with heparins runs right through the night for 6.5hours and turns off automatically 1.5 hours before the end of treatment.
It is part of the machine so doesn’t need seperate power source.
cheers
Pauline

Does anyone know the telephone # for the company that supplies Medifusion heparin pumps?