Kidney school - module three

A nice looking dialysis unit that looked like home sounds wonderful, Gus.

By the way i wasn’t shouting back there, sometimes my Mac has a mind of its own!!! :roll:

I was wondering, if all in-center clinics were like that probably no one will want to go home!

P.S. You mean the new Mac models out now?

Gus wrote:

[b]A while back, I saw in the news about a dialysis clinic doing something very different compared to other clinics…this clinic redesigned the environment inside…they literally made it look like a home!

Each station where patients dialyze were private, separate from other staions and the environment was like a home, not a clinic.

it was very nice looking and really made the patient feel like at home. They allowed only 3 guests, visitors in your little private station.

Isn’t that cool?

Its really sad how many clinics are feeling more like prisons than homes[/b]

That is really impressive and definitely thinking outside the box. I would really appreciate a clinic that went the extra mile to make the patients feel more comfortable while dialyzing

[quote=““Gus””]

No, it is a G4 (about 18 months old by Aussie standards. I love Macs. :stuck_out_tongue:

No, it is a G4 (about 18 months old by Aussie standards. I love Macs. :P[/quote]
Those Macs are gorgeous! Did you see the new “Mac Mini” ?..their so tiny!

Nope, will try and check 'em out. 8)

beachy writes:

I know that I would want to know exactly what was going on if it was my husband in the chair. I loved having friends visit also while I was training, but for some people they just don’t want to know, maybe too much going on in their own lives or they are scared or find the machine and blood too confronting.
I was so proud of my friends that made the effort to come and spend some time and watch and ask questions. I became extra close to some people that I would have just called acquaintances before and other people I would have called good friends just didn’t come and don’t visit much any more. I guess some people just have that empathy. I luv em to bits!
They have given me new insight into the way I relate to other people especially those with troubles.

Yes, a chronic illness is a great teacher- we see much more about ourselves and others then we would of seen had we not had it. In that respect it is a gift…