Nocturnal plus vs minus

Hi Folks

I’ve been on nocturnal for 20 months. The big plus is more dialysis. The other plus is doing dialysis while I sleep.

On the other hand is anyone doing nocturnal finding any issues with your arm if you doing this with blunts in button holes? My buttons holes are a bit sore in the am. And my arm is sore from keeping it from setting off alarms? I was a very restless sleeper, I’ve had to work hard at moving not to fast, or too far. Nothing that so far would get me to change right now. But I’m looking long term. And if anyone else has other plus & minus

thanks
Bob O’Brien

I am more tense dialyzing while sleeping in a bed (while traveling) vs.sleeping in a chair (at home). Are you dialyzing in a bed?

Hi Folks

Yes I sleep in a bed, and it took somewhere near 3 months to get my sleep patterns. Plus I take sleep aids. Most nights I sleep well. I still get an alarm from time to time. Most of time it just that I pinched one of the lines. Also anyone have any vertigo issues. I’ve been dialysis for 3 yrs. have spina bifda. just within the last month. Would have a sense of what I call vertigo. The last wk or so first in bed while on dialysis. sat up and it went away. was doing work on monday(12/01) and had to get on floor to move cables lines and same thing. Today went shopping and it happened. So far nothing bad that cause me to get sick. just a cold sense/chill. then a a bit of spinning in my head. then went away.Before I go running with my hair on fire. just wanted to get feed back.

Thanks
Bob O’Brien

I did have that vertigo issue once, but didn’t know until I had it checked in emergency checkup. I thought it was symptoms to a stroke. Its wasn’t severe and would only happen when at sleep at night. Each time I would roll to next side my head spinned like crazy, out of this world, hahahaha …then when I would sit up again but for a few seconds. The symptoms already stopped, lasted about a month. Because we’re on dialysis I think its either a few things, metabolism out of balance and/or HGB is low or even perhaps blood pressure is a bit low. Other than that my Neph said it can also be symptoms of a brain tumor so be sure your Doc does a test on that for you, luckily I passed the test. Anyway, the emergency Doc said it usually goes away after a few weeks but if it doesn’t for you then further followup with your Doc is a must. Vertigo + homedialysis is sure an experience out of this world, hehehe

[quote=bobeleanor;16945]Hi Folks

Yes I sleep in a bed, and it took somewhere near 3 months to get my sleep patterns. Plus I take sleep aids. Most nights I sleep well. I still get an alarm from time to time. Most of time it just that I pinched one of the lines. Also anyone have any vertigo issues. I’ve been dialysis for 3 yrs. have spina bifda. just within the last month. Would have a sense of what I call vertigo. The last wk or so first in bed while on dialysis. sat up and it went away. was doing work on monday(12/01) and had to get on floor to move cables lines and same thing. Today went shopping and it happened. So far nothing bad that cause me to get sick. just a cold sense/chill. then a a bit of spinning in my head. then went away.Before I go running with my hair on fire. just wanted to get feed back.

Thanks
Bob O’Brien[/quote]

Hi y’all,

Vertigo doesn’t have to be dialysis-related. Something called “benign position vertigo” (BPG) is pretty common in the general public. I’ve had it myself–it’s quite a shock to wake up and have the room spin around! The condition happens when crystals in the inner ear that normally float free and aid balance somehow get stuck in one place. It’s treated with physical therapy to roll you around and move the crystals back where they belong. (Or, just avoid sleeping on the side that causes the problems for a few weeks, and it goes away on its own). You need to be checked out by a doctor–there are a number of causes of vertigo, and I’m NOT saying that you have this one, just that it’s common. You can learn more about it here: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/MEDLINEPLUS/ency/article/001420.htm.

Also common in people who use hearing aids like myself, but I thought I saw a Vertigo Alien trying to kidnap me so I thought great, now they can heal me and give me a free kidney miracle, hehehe

[quote=Dori Schatell;16949]Hi y’all,

Vertigo doesn’t have to be dialysis-related. Something called “benign position vertigo” (BPG) is pretty common in the general public. I’ve had it myself–it’s quite a shock to wake up and have the room spin around! The condition happens when crystals in the inner ear that normally float free and aid balance somehow get stuck in one place. It’s treated with physical therapy to roll you around and move the crystals back where they belong. (Or, just avoid sleeping on the side that causes the problems for a few weeks, and it goes away on its own). You need to be checked out by a doctor–there are a number of causes of vertigo, and I’m NOT saying that you have this one, just that it’s common. You can learn more about it here: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/MEDLINEPLUS/ency/article/001420.htm.[/quote]

Hi Folks

Thanks for the replies. I had searched the spinning thing and that is why I didn’t go running to any dr.

I guess on night time dialysis will have to wait for more people to get it…
thanks
bob obrien