NX Stage Poll - Please Participate

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the
NxStage_Users group:

Do you think the white tabs on the new cartridges that help to secure the venous and arterial lines are necessary?

o Yes
o No

To vote, please visit the following web page:
http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/NxStage_ Users/surveys? id=2550613

Note: Please do not reply to this message. Poll votes are
not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the Yahoo! Groups
web site listed above.

Thanks!

[quote=TheRiverdude;14098]Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the
NxStage_Users group:

Do you think the white tabs on the new cartridges that help to secure the venous and arterial lines are necessary?

o Yes
o No

To vote, please visit the following web page:
http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/NxStage_ Users/surveys? id=2550613

Note: Please do not reply to this message. Poll votes are
not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the Yahoo! Groups
web site listed above.

Thanks![/quote]

That’s not a complex question, I think its okay to vote here on Home Dialysis Central … it will make Dori and all assoociated very happy…

I’d say those white tabs that secure the venous/arterial connector ends with the spike are necessary and serve as an extra precaution from keeping them from falling. You don’t want those ends falling to the ground. Reports are high on those lines falling to the ground…

After all, they’re easy to slide down…you don’t need to rip them off…just slide them down…

So YES, its neccessasry

Hi Folks

Riverdude, I will not vote on your yahoo group. I try to join them but was down. I just wanted to see what was being said on those types of pages. That was not being talked about on this board.

As for the white tabs they make no mind to me. so I guess it no
bobeleanor

Necessary? probably. do I like them? yes and no. Am I qualified to make the call that the tabs are necessary? probably not. Do I think nxstage had the best interests of its consumers at heart? YES. While there may be some troubleing issues with Nxstage no one is twisting me arm to use their products. I only know of only one thing that is perfect for EVERYONE and that discussion is probably not appropriate here. Please do not take offense. This is just my opinion…and you know what they say about opinions. Thank you for your time.

I’ll leave the poll upon until Wednesday. If you haven’t voted yet, please do.

Since Nx Stage asked me the question I am planning on sharing this information with them. Right now we have a pretty small sample.

It would be great if more NxStage Users voted. See first entry for link.

Thanks and have a great day! Erich

What is the exact reason they put the tabs on? We never had any problem with connections coming apart previously. The tabs are very irritating and we always cut them off. So unless there is a reason for them I am unaware of, I would vote to get rid of them.

Ditto I say

Nxstage users have reported their lines disconnected on arrival of shipment or connection ends excessivley loose resulting in falling off during prime. Of course we can put them back on and tighten a bit BUT it has been suggested NOT to use those cartridges that arrived with disconnected ends. I use to be getting cartdiges with the lines dsiconnected, but now with this tabs the lines are ALWAYS connected resulting in no delays nor cartridges being trashed. Other reports include the caps from dialysate bags fallen off or missing.

Those tabs are annoying, even the bright white hurts my eyes!, hahahaha…but I do see how its serving its purpose…I have already experienced whats it like to receive cartridges with disconnected ends. My clinic and Nxstage suggested to trash those that have disconnected ends. I know that won’t help Nxstage save another dollar…

:slight_smile: