NXStage help, out of fluid before end of treatment

Yesterday I ran out of fluid before the end of my treatment, and I still had .4 fluid to remove. I checked my parameters, and did not find any errors. I had alot of fluid to remove that day, and maybe I should divide what I need to remove by a longer number, like maybe 3 hours?
Has anyone else had this happen, have any advice?
I will also contact NxStage for help too.

If you mean the dialysate fluid, I had that problem before especially on the previous NxStage machine I was using.

In order to solve that problem I had to insert a lower dialysate reading than the prescribed setting…

For example, if my prescribed setting was 15liters then I would use 14.8 instead…that would slow down the rate a bit and allow a very few ounces left after treatment…

However, I would start with 14.9 and go your way down till you find the best setting…am sure your settings are different than mine…

However, if the fluid running out is much greater like say empty before 10min coming off then you should call NxStage…could be a system parameter set wrong…your NxStage book explains about those internal system parameter and how to adjust them…

Gus what went wrong that you had to get another NxStage Machine. I am thinking of changing dad to NxStage but I don’t need to be running out of fluid and changing machines.

NxStage is an awesome machine, I must say very very great!..The problems I had with mine are eventually all gone. Currently, the machine I have now is the 2nd one which has some quite of bit of enhancements…working brilliant with no problems at all…

However, the previous machine was the one I had some minor problems with but there were workarounds to solve it.

On the other hand, NxStage is improving this machine further and even trying to make it smaller. For example, the next update of the NxStage machine will include making it weigh less…the goal is to make it weigh 50lbs and not 70lbs…

I see NxStage is keeping busy in making this machine a winner for a long time to come. Perhaps 5 years from now NxStage System One will weigh only 30lbs and be 1/2 the size it is now…

Keep in mind that all dialysis machines have their quirks and perks and the companies are constantly working hard on improving and correcting problems their machines have, but NXStage for me is the only machine that will economically be viable for a long time to come…it’s size, simplicity, and portability…

Just imagine if I had to evacuate the area for a disaster coming…maybe a hurricane…all I do is pack my NxStage to the trunk of my car and head to safety and then call NxStage and let them know of my temp location…

Now can you do that with larger and more complex machines? I guess not…the benefits outweigh the minor technical problems that it may have and there are workarounds that easily solve it…

There shouldn’t be any worries, the latest update of the NxStage System One has solved nearly all of the minor problems, if there are…

When you have to do a work around does your center give you the info on how or does the NxStage personnel.

Marty, both your clinic and NxStage are in constant communication and all that information is already upfront. It’s just a constant flow of tips and information which is already in the hands of patients. Even when changes or rules are made messages are immediately sent to patients.

You might percieve that once your trained and sent home then that’s it, well that’s not the case. Your clinic and NxStage are your partners and your a team member. As a team you all work together to be numero uno… 8)