NxStage Questions

Two questions:

1. NxStage lists the dimensions as 15x15x18. I understand that it must be in its shipping container to be transported. Does anyone know the exact outside dimensions of the container? I’m trying to figure out if it would fit in the trunk of my car.

2. How many days of training does NxStage require for someone already very experienced with home hemodialysis with other machines (in my case about 800 treatments with a Fresenius 2008K)?

Thanks for your help.

Mel

If your gonna transport it in the trunk of the car don’t worry about a container…just place a blanket in the trunk and wrap the blanket around the machine…

Training for most of us takes between 14-17 days…for others can take about a month…

Gus, When your on the machine if you had a long extension cord and the machine was on a cart with wheels could you move it during treatment? I am seriously considering the change from nocturnal to NxStage. I was thinking dad would probably run 6pm to 10pm. From 6 to 8:30 he would probably want to watch television then he would want to go to bed. This would involve moving the machine from 1 room to another but only a distance of maybe
10 feet. Does NxStage automatically send you supplies each month or do you have to put in an order for what you need?

That’s definately a BIG YES…NxStage System One only requires one drain and one extension outlet…I’ve moved my machine around the room while dialyzing with no hiccups at all. If the plug ever get disconnected you have 40 seconds to reconnect it back and treatments will continue normally. I believe you can adjust it if you wish…

All supplies are sent automatically…for example, I get my supplies monthly and report my inventory through email…that’s it!

Gus,

I was told you have to put the machine in its shipping container before you transport it – this isn’t so?

Do you ned a sewer drain or could you use a large pail or other container?

Mel

Shipping container only when you air-travel…but if you travel by car you don’t…

For drain you can use any drain line, even 5 liter water jugs…

Gus,

Thanks for your help.

Mel