NxStage Reaches the Netherlands (can Canada be far away?)

Hi y’all,

Just found this…

NxStage® and Nordic Medcom Sign Distribution Agreement for the System One™

NxStage’s portable home hemodialysis system to be available in Sweden, Denmark and Finland
LAWRENCE, Mass., Feb. 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ – NxStage Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTM), a leading manufacturer of innovative dialysis products, today announced that it signed a five-year exclusive distribution agreement with Nordic Medcom AB, a distributor of renal care products in Sweden, Denmark, Finland and other international healthcare markets, for the promotion, sale, delivery and service of the NxStage System One and certain of the Company’s in-center products in Sweden, Denmark and Finland.

Under the terms of the agreement, the NxStage System One and PureFlow SL dialysate preparation system will be available to dialysis centers throughout these countries exclusively through Nordic Medcom. Nordic Medcom also has the option to make Medisystems bloodlines and ButtonHole needles available to their customers in these regions.

“This agreement with Nordic Medcom marks the second international distribution agreement we have signed as we pursue our growth objectives and expand internationally,” stated Joseph Turk, Senior Vice President, Commercial Operations of NxStage Medical, Inc. “To date, our products have been well received by patients and customers in the UK and Ireland. The combination of Nordic Medcom’s experience in the renal care industry, coupled with its strong distribution capabilities within Sweden, Denmark and Finland, provides us with the opportunity to meet growing demand and further broaden access to our life changing therapy for dialysis patients within these regions.”

“We believe there is increasing interest in home hemodialysis within this region and are excited to be working with NxStage, the market pioneer,” said Arne Puhasmagi, General Manager and President of Nordic Medcom AB. “We strive to provide our customers with innovative technology that improves patient care. NxStage’s focus on innovation and quality makes them a natural addition to our portfolio.”

About Nordic Medcom AB
Nordic Medcom AB is a Scandinavian dialysis company with head office in Sweden. Nordic Medcom is focused at dialysis and marketing dialysis catheters, intensive care dialysis – CRRT-treatment, and products for chronic dialysis to hospitals in Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Iceland and the Baltic states.

About NxStage Medical
NxStage Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTM) is a medical device company, headquartered in Lawrence, Massachusetts, USA, that develops, manufactures and markets innovative products for the treatment of End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and acute kidney failure. For more information on NxStage and its products, please visit NxStage’s website at http://www.nxstage.com.

Forward-Looking Statements
This release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements contained in this release that are not clearly historical in nature are forward-looking, and the words “anticipate,” “believe,” “expect,” “estimate,” “plan,” and similar expressions are generally intended to identify forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by these forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors including Nordic Medcom AB’s ability to successfully promote, sell and service our products, customer demand for our products in the UK , Ireland, Sweden, Denmark and Finland, and factors that are discussed in NxStage’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ended September 30, 2009 filed with the SEC. NxStage is under no obligation to (and expressly disclaims any such obligation to) update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

So, are you guys just trying to be nice by not pointing out my geographic impairment? Apparently the Netherlands = Holland! Oops! (Where are those embarrassed smilies when you need them?)

I was ready to but I just saw the thread. They’ve also gone into the Middle East
NxStage launches in Dubai and Saudi Arabia

WOW!!! That’s amazing–and unexpected. And Canada is still waiting…

Oooh Netherlands :slight_smile: I have more hopes for seeing my relatives over there now :slight_smile: Yippeee! :slight_smile: And I’ve always fancied a visit to Ireland:)

Patiently waiting in Canada… so I am. Will likely be starting to train on a Fresenius or Gambro soon, our latest ‘upgrade’. Still stands about 5 feet tall unfortunately - definitely not mobile.

Kidney_Mom