Ooops- a little too much heparin

I accidentally managed to set the machine to give 3 units of heparin during my last session, as opposed to 1. I noticed half way through. Rang the unit, who told me to just stop it.
I was a bit worried about bleeding. But I seem to be OK.

Anyone else come across this user error :wink:

Dialysis at home seems to be going OK. The Unicare deliveries seem to work for stock, so far so good.

[quote=JW77;15017]I accidentally managed to set the machine to give 3 units of heparin during my last session, as opposed to 1. I noticed half way through. Rang the unit, who told me to just stop it.
I was a bit worried about bleeding. But I seem to be OK.

Anyone else come across this user error :wink:

Dialysis at home seems to be going OK. The Unicare deliveries seem to work for stock, so far so good.[/quote]

[B]
Too much heaprin? How about mistkaing heparin for Lidocaine?..Mistakes do happen and I guess we learn from those mistakes…

Merry Christmas![/B]

I can see how that could happen. The vials do look sorta similar. But I use the numbing cream, as the injected lidocane seems to bring me up in a rash. Strange as the cream contains the same substance.

Thats very handy, Cream as a number compared to syringes…

Well, the LIDOCAINE mistake did happen to me. Mistaked it for Heparin…thats was late 80s in my first years of home dialysis, was using an older in-center dialysis machine.