Patient's Perspective

I am currently evaluating alarm or alert situations with regard to home users and I was hoping to get your perspective. Thanks for you time

1. How many alarms do you typically receive during treatment?

2. Of the alarms how many do you consider to be a nuisance?

3. What is the highest number of nuisance alarms that you would accept per treatment?

4. In general, what types of alarms do you consider to be valuable?

5. In general, what types of alarms do you consider to be worthless?

6. If your device was capable would you rather the machine automatically take steps to correct alarm situations if it added time to treatment or take care of the alarms yourself more quickly?

[QUOTE=BIEN Student;11940]I am currently evaluating alarm or alert situations with regard to home users and I was hoping to get your perspective. Thanks for you time

( 1) on nxstage I get a yellow 21 on and off not every tx.

1. Of the alarms how many do you consider to be a nuisance?
    (1) yellow 21

2. What is the highest number of nuisance alarms that you would accept per treatment?

on yellow 21 it might nhappen 2 to 4 x

1. In general, what types of alarms do you consider to be valuable?

all

1. In general, what types of alarms do you consider to be worthless?

none

1. If your device was capable would you rather the machine automatically take steps to correct alarm situations if it added time to treatment or take care of the alarms yourself more quickly? no [/QUOTE]

The perfect machine would be simple to set up with a chip in to store data,would download to a disk no matter if you lose power. My doctor with my consent could link with on and off to see real time tx. The Key being with My consent and that We would set up a day or time that We agreed on to do link up.

bobeleanor

[quote=BIEN Student;11940]I am currently evaluating alarm or alert situations with regard to home users and I was hoping to get your perspective. Thanks for you time

2. Of the alarms how many do you consider to be a nuisance?

3. What is the highest number of nuisance alarms that you would accept per treatment?

4. In general, what types of alarms do you consider to be valuable?

5. In general, what types of alarms do you consider to be worthless?

6. If your device was capable would you rather the machine automatically take steps to correct alarm situations if it added time to treatment or take care of the alarms yourself more quickly?[/quote]

I consider all the alarms very important. Most common alarms are those of kinked lines. Happens when the patient tends to move and either venous/arterial line gets kinked and/or the needle moves and hits the vessel wall, so basiclt these alarms let you know when that happens.