PD at home with pets

Can I do my overnight pd in a home with dogs?

Why not? I have a German short-hair pointer who lays with me all night. As long as he leaves while I set-up and hook-up and the same for disconnecting there’s not a problem. Just keep the room and equipment clean so you don’t contaminate yourself.

Enxada-

My husband has been on PD for about 2 years. We were told that no, we should not keep the dog. We kept her. She is a Shetland Sheepdog who has long hair but does not shed much.

My husband is extraordinarily clean while setting up and connecting, washing his hands with anti-bacterial soap immediately before he performs any connection. He always makes sure to keep any open connections (bag to cassette, catheter tip to cassette, catheter tip to cap) horizontal or pointing down while connecting. He never allows an open connection to point up where gravity can send any contaminants (including dog fur or dander) into the open connection.

The dog has always slept with us on the floor in our bedroom.

Good luck!

Yes, I have 2 fur babies, they are my babies. They are not allowed in the room while I set up, connect or disconnect, but are allowed to stay on the bed during the night. So far, I have had no problems.

I have a dog and 2 cats, I just keep them out of my bedroom. No problems whatsoever.