PD Vs homehemo

Yes Countrygirl I could see where that is a problem. A 100 mile round trip each week would indeed be a burden. I understand 100%.

Hi Folks

Too early to comment on new format.

There is a old saying “poor planning on your part doesn’t make an emergency on my part” and the same is true on my part toward the others.

I was trained very well and have a ton of first hand, hands on self care on chronic illness. More than the doctor than I’m seeing and far more than the team I see. I mean no disrespect to these folks. All these folks are good people. It is a company thing.

My doctor and I just talked and he told me that his group had asked the in center folks if they wanted to learn home dialysis. And the answer was no, and when asked why, the answer was travel time. (75 miles one way)*Right now I drive 50 miles one way to the center , my doctor is not with this center. He is with a center out by me.*The center I go to is in center city phila. Right next to all tourist stuff. Travel into and out this area is a nightmare. I have to clear my whole day to make this trip ,the center stay isn’t long. It is the traffic, I’ve been stuck in traffic for two hours at times just one way. Even in good travel time it takes a hour to get to the center,. When I have to leave for center I have to leave at least two hours aheard of time just in case traffic problems.

I was told by my home in the event of emergency I was told to get a hold of the doctor . When I had to put this to the test the center changed the rules. When I went to the center and talked with soc. worker on this he was not aware of this story. The manger failed to tell him everything. It seems that davita gets to also decide what an emergency is or isn’t. It is only a emerency if davita says so,not the consumer.
bobeleanor

I’m surprised they even let you have your own doctor. All the home programs I know of have you switch nephrologist to the nephrologist in charge of the home program. What do you think would have happened if you had just called the home hemo nurse and told her you were having a problem and going in to see the nephrologist? Could it be they were upset because you weren’t keeping them in the loop?

Hey country girl

No, everyone was in the loop. I had been telling everyone what was going on my side (doctor nurse etc). I really think that davita looks at this site just like a lot of others. And they may not be happy with some of my post. The one thing that no company likes is having someone tell the other side of story. To see and read davita web page you would that it was land of OZ. I learned a long time ago to be honest with myself and be honest with those you deal with, if not it will come back to you and bite you in A_ _
bobeleanor