People in Pa on dialysis

Hi Folks

I did a google on dialysis and people in PA.Can Beth or Dori or anyone point to a site that gives up to date #'s on the # of people on dialysis?

And if anyone who is on this site or looks in this site live in pa be willing to talk via email about the time spent in center or still in center. I would like find out if there is a real need to bring about reform here in the state.
thanks
bob obrien
coatesville pa

Hi Bob,

The United States Renal Data System (USRDS) collects national data on people on dialysis, but theirs is always about 2 years behind. Your best bet for more up-to-date data is your ESRD Network. In PA, that would be ESRD Network 4 (http://www.esrdnetwork4.org/). Their toll-free number for patients is 1 (800) 548-9205.

Hi Folks

Hi Dori

I don’t think I’ll get honest answers from network 4. I dealt with them from the start. That why I had hoped though this message board, maybe people living in Pa might contact me and we could come up with a top ten list. Not on your board, but if we could use HDC as a start point. Beth and Dori ,I hope you both know I will always try and help answers questions posted by people here, if I know anything on the subject. This is ans will be my main site

will look at network 4 people. I know the answers ““if you don’t like the system quit and die””

thanks bob obrien

Had my second try at a colon scope, not much luck. same issues as before to many operations.

Hi Bob,

A top ten list of what?

I used to Dialyze in center in Pittsburgh PA. Any specific questions?

[QUOTE=bobeleanor;17043]Hi Folks

I did a google on dialysis and people in PA.Can Beth or Dori or anyone point to a site that gives up to date #'s on the # of people on dialysis?

And if anyone who is on this site or looks in this site live in pa be willing to talk via email about the time spent in center or still in center. I would like find out if there is a real need to bring about reform here in the state.
thanks
bob obrien
coatesville pa[/QUOTE]

According to ESRD Network 4 data, as of 9/2/2008, there were 13,054 patients on in-center HD, 120 on home HD, 239 on CAPD, and 601 on CCPD for a total of 14,057 dialysis patients in PA. The following link has data from DE and PA separated by state, county, and zip code.
http://www.esrdnetwork4.org/downloads/patpop.pdf

Hi Folks

Thanks Beth, I came across some of yours and Dori’s post on the other site…I’ll come back to this and other later… I’m off to see my center today…

Once More Beth and Dori thanks

Bob Obrien
coatesville pa

Hi Folks

Outside machines and meds.

1)Did you stay with your own dr, while in center? (are you still doing dialysis)?

1. Did the nurse/nurses treat you well and talk to you in professional way? Same questions on your dr/drs?

2. How were the techs if you dealt with techs? Were they professional in dealings with you and use proper protocol when in putting you on and off machine? And did you have to wait to be put on even if there were open chairs?

4)Was the center clean and look and have a sense of safety.? ( did the center have pools of unknow liquid on the floor, chairs were clean and have space between chairs, did techs try to bum smokes off you or others

1. Was the center within 25 miles of your home?

2. Did you have time to really talk to your dr, or have a nurse /social worker give you time to ask question so they could relay your concerns to your dr?

3. Was the center area inside and out smoke free?

4. If you had no choice but your center for in center would you stay?

5. How was the social worker, did they take time to talk to you and take notes?

6. After all is said and done ,even though dialysis is not something anybody wants, has your time been made as comfortably as could be, no one wants to spend time in a medical setting. But did the idea of going, bring unneeded worry?

I know some may not think these things important, and are just happy to be alive. But whats the sense of living if you don’t have your sense of yourself.

I just now started having the dialogue with my social worker /team that should have taken place from the start. And it has nothing to do with money, or must not be base a money value. If real talk between people is base only on how much money one or other can bring to the table, then we can’t fix the issue

[QUOTE=Unregistered;17052]I used to Dialyze in center in Pittsburgh PA. Any specific questions?
[/QUOTE]

thanks
Bob O’Brien
Coatesville Pa