Pros and cons of long post and thread?

Hi Folks

While I enjoy the thread on" Good Dialysis". The one issue(?) I would have liked to know - how would one comment on each post to the thread that one would want bring attention to? The good Dr makes important points , but so did Bill and Dori and a # of people.(see I can’t even bring up each persons name) The reason I started this was I went over the thread " Good dialysis" and wanted to reply once more ,but could not think of a way of replying to a # of points so many people made, so any ideas?

Bob Obrien
PS Bill on “Hive Mind” would that mean we should add our time on dialysis,(in center 05 etc) if you want to reply to this just add it to" Hive Mind"

There are two ways to do this.

You can use the “QUOTE” function (button in the lower right corner when you look at someone’s post) to choose the exact point you want to respond to. When you are reading a post and click QUOTE, it gives you a new “Reply to Thread” box and quotes the person’s entire message. All you need to do is delete any part you don’t want.

Or, as some folks have done, you can just go point by point and reply to a bunch of different folks. In that case, it probably helps to take notes for yourself.

[quote=bobeleanor;14480]Hi Folks

While I enjoy the thread on" Good Dialysis". The one issue(?) I would have liked to know - how would one comment on each post to the thread that one would want bring attention to? The good Dr makes important points , but so did Bill and Dori and a # of people.(see I can’t even bring up each persons name) The reason I started this was I went over the thread " Good dialysis" and wanted to reply once more ,but could not think of a way of replying to a # of points so many people made, so any ideas?

Bob Obrien
PS Bill on “Hive Mind” would that mean we should add our time on dialysis,(in center 05 etc) if you want to reply to this just add it to" Hive Mind"[/quote]

Why not use the “Multi-Quote” feature? That way you can quote to more than one author all at once. The multiquote button is located on lower left(the one that looks like this …you click on this button on all authors you want to quote then you would click on the reply button that looks like this …now you will quote all authors in one post…saves alot of time writing.

Well, Gus, I didn’t even know that! You learn something new every day, I guess.

You didn’t? I mentioned about this feature already in a past post…I really love this messageboard, like yours I have mine that I spend alot of time on. Another nice cool feature this board has is RSS feeds, that means you can pull important news from other
websites and post on the forums here…an example of that is on my very own job announcements thread.
Think of how you can bring an dialysis industry job announcements thread on the area for professionals…all automated!!

Hi Folks

I must speak in some far off way. My point wasn’t how to gather bits and parts of different people posts. as to the lenth of John Agar post. then other folks posts that were a bit long.

Could John Agar post could have stated that he was convince that noctunal dialysis was best due to his years of real life studies. And that he was not convince nxstage sd tx’s are doing the job as well as noctunal?

I was just wondering…

bob o

We don’t edit anyone, Bobeleanor, so if folks want to do long posts, that’s fine, and if they want to do shorter ones, that’s fine, too. There may be a limit built into the message board software (I bet Gus knows!) that keep them from being pages and pages. Speaking as a writer, it is much easier to write longer pieces than shorter ones. When you have a word limit, it can be very hard to get your points across and support them with evidence.

Hi Folks
Point taken , Thanks Dori

BobO

Your right Dori, its all configured within Admin settings…hehehe.