Quality of Life Comparing Hemodialysis Patients

(Permission has been granted from MEI)

Hello Everyone.  My name is Amanda Hayes and I am a graduate nursing student working on my thesis. I am quite interested in hemodialysis and ways to help improve quality of care. My thesis is comparing quality of life in persons whom utilize home hemodialysis and comparing this, to persons whom dialyze in-center. I am in great need of participants whom hemodialyze at home. All participants have to do is answer a short kidney disease specific quality of life survey, answer few questions about demographics, and agree to consent.. All of which will take about 20 minutes. If interested in being a participant you can contact me by email or phone. Then we have a few options, we can conduct the questionaires over the phone, via e-mail, or I can mail the forms out to you in a postage pre-paid packet. 
I currently live in Louisiana, my brother has been a hemodialysis patient since he was 19, he is now 32. He did receive kidney transplant a year and a half ago and is doing great. But, my brother was never given the option, or even educated about home hemodialysis. Also in the hospital where I work, I would say that greater than 90% of the dialysis patients haven't been educated about home hemodialysis either. 
This is why I need your help. I need enough home hemodialysis participants or my research will be invalid. The more research that is available about home hemodialysis, the more the public will become aware of all of their options. 

Thanks in advance for any help,

Amanda Hayes
aja2184@cox.net

Hi Amanda,

I sent you an e-mail.

I would be happy to help. I’m 29, married, and mom to a beautiful 4.5 year old daughter, and obviously on home hemo dialysis - ha ha. I’ve been doing dialysis for 4.5 years, and home dialysis for 3 years.

Kidney_Mom