Setting question

I have a question for the nxstage users.

What do you set your systems for
blood rate, volume, filtration, etc…?

They never did give me any set numbers. just what the started me out on. just enough to remove the fkuid the is used .3 liters.

Troy, whats your filtration faction? What’s the FF set at for you? How many liters of dialysate do you use? And how many hours do you do?

I am kinda daunted that they didn’t give you or prepare you well on parameters…are you sure about that?

Troy, did they give you the NxStage manual? That book has information on how to adjust the parameters, go over that book…it has all the information you need.

Maybe I did not ask the question correctly.

Troy, whats your filtration faction? What’s the FF set at for you? How many liters of dialysate do you use? And how many hours do you do?

Frist screen (rate)
The therapy flow rate is 8.6 L/hr.
The ultrafiltration rate is at 0.15 L/hr…
My blood flow rate is 420-430 ml/ hr.

Second screen (volume)
I use 4, 4500 ml. bags, but machine is set at 22.
The ultrafiltration volume is 0.3 L/hr

My FF is 35.

I am 5’ 8" tall
230± wet, no dry wheight established yet.

As far as time the treatment vary 2.75 hrs. to 3.5 hrs. on avg. at these settings.

My question again is what are your settings?
Are these to low/high?
What if I need/want to take extra weight off?
How do I do it properly?safe?

I am kinda daunted that they didn’t give you or prepare you well on parameters…are you sure about that?

Yes, they were not very informative.
And yes they did give me a book. I have read it twice.
But I am looking for what, what the did not tell me, is what my avg. settings should be.

Hey Gus,

I need to make a correction. I use 5 bags. I just noticed that I put 4, that would be a little hard to do.

Yes, I still have output. It has not changed from before treatment.

Labs, well their all over the place, some to high some to low.
I draw first labs at home next Friday.

BP,They thought that I should have been dead 4 years ago.The nurse freaked out and sent me to the real hospital via ambulance. Now they are around 130/73 w/p of 70± on a good day, and lots of drugs.

As far as water retention very light, if any. No swelling in ankles at all. Very little in hands and face. Can still use one hand to get rings off.
Let me put it to you like this. If we meet you would never no that this was going on. I am, a typical, according to Dr. Vu.

I take it that you are younger and smaller than me.
Do you urinate at all?
I noticed that you have been doing this for quite a while.
Thanks for the info you have been very helpful during this time for me.
I hate to say it but I’m glad your here tp help.

Gus,
I just went to your site. I really liked it. A lot of information. I regestered also.

Good Deal! You found your way to my secret hideout! :lol:

Now that your registered there you can also submit your own news articles or reports which will be shown in the frontpage! There’s also an image gallery where you can submit screenshots of your home dialysis setup, you don’t have to be in the pic, unless you want the whole world know who you are… :roll: