Supplies

How often do you get supplies?

Who delivers and stores the supplies?

How much space must you have to store supplies?

Jane, I really don’t mean to be rude, but you ask the same questions over and over. Do a search on supplies and I am sure you will find your answer, as well as answers about training etc.

As someone else said you need to either decide to do home hemo with whatever machine your clinic allows, not one is perfect, and live with it, or decide home hemo isn’t for you.

Sorry to sound so rough but I think you have been asking questions for as long as I have been on dialysis, nearly a year. In that year I have mastered home hemo and live with the things I don’t like about it in order to dialyze at home 6x a week.

Cathy
self home hemo 9/04
PKD

Jane, I really don’t mean to be rude, but you ask the same questions over and over. Do a search on supplies and I am sure you will find your answer, as well as answers about training etc.

** I would like to know what is happening, currently. There may be new info.

As someone else said you need to either decide to do home hemo with whatever machine your clinic allows, not one is perfect, and live with it, or decide home hemo isn’t for you.

** The process each patient goes through to decide if a home program is for him/her and the timing of when to start is an individual decision. No two people have the same circumstances/opportunites.

Sorry to sound so rough but I think you have been asking questions for as long as I have been on dialysis, nearly a year. In that year I have mastered home hemo and live with the things I don’t like about it in order to dialyze at home 6x a week.

** Although I would think you and Pierre mean well, I do think you should restrain yourselves from telling me, or anyone else, how many questions we may ask and from trying to push us into home programs before we are ready. You do not know the learning process each individual person must go through nor are you privy to each person’s individual cirumstances, both unit-related and personal.

I am very comfortable with where I am at in my approach to getting into a home program. It has taken me longer than some as there have been no programs where I have lived. Had there been a program, such as you have in your areas, no doubt I’d be at home by now, too. Since I have had to patiently wait for my time to come, I have used the time to educate myself. Also, since there is no local technical support in my area, it makes a difference which machine I choose.