"training"

This is my first post to this group. I am to start training on the cycle this week, although I 've had my cath put in 1 1/2 years ago,my Dr and I have put it off as long as we could. I was origionaly to do 4 changes a day but my nurse thought the cycler may be better since I want to continue to work. I would like any thoughts on the cycler and working.
Thank you
Susan W.

I am not a patient but am a social worker who worked with in-center and home dialysis patients, including quite a few that used the cycler. Several of my cycler patients worked. One was a regional sales manager who had to travel to the same locations regularly. He carried his cycler in a case with him and had a stock of supplies at the offices where he’d be working. This meant that if he needed to stay longer than he had space to carry supplies, he always had what he needed.

One of the great things about the cycler is that you’re able to do your dialysis at night leaving your day free for work and other activities. I hope that other cycler patients will share their work experiences. In the meantime, you might want to read Mary Ann’s story at www.homedialysis.org/v1/profiles/profiles/maryann.shtml.