Trouble sleeping on Nocturnal?

Just love all these pet stories!

Guest. don’t worry too much about what might happen when Bridgette goes otherwise you will forget to enjoy the pleasure she is bringing to your lives now. I have always had a dog (or two) and while you never forget them because they are all special, the best way to move on is to get another one to love as soon as you can, either now if at all possible or shortly after Bridgitte leaves you, because unfortunately their little lives are all too short. :frowning:

Said like a true animal lover – Thank YOU! and, yes, I sometimes give similar advice to my boarding and grooming clients – BUT we already have 4 others besides Bridgette, but they are all 4 “Mommy’s Girls”. Actually my concern is if there are additional things I need to aware of which such an emotional upset can cause which would affect him as a dialysis patient. I cannot over stress how bonded he is w/ this dog and how much concern I have over how he is going to handle her death. I know depression is a real risk for dialysis patients and does affect how they care for themselves. I guess I ought not to borrow trouble from the future but this has been on my mind a lot since we lost one of the girls a couple of weeks ago to pancreatic cancer. I was out of town and he had to pick her little body up from the Vet and bury her in our little pet cemetery. We’ve both been upset, but she was a “Mommy’s Girl” and he was able to get past it in a few days. Bridgette will be a completely different story and I worry about him. Oh well, I guess we’ll handle it when the time comes.

Lorelle said :Said like a true animal lover – Thank YOU! and, yes, I sometimes give similar advice to my boarding and grooming clients – BUT we already have 4 others besides Bridgette, but they are all 4 “Mommy’s Girls”.

Hi again Lorelle,
Fancy me giving YOU doggie advice!! :lol:
As for the depression, the best advice I have heard was to make sure “you have something to do, someone to love (I am sure this must include pets!) and something to look forward to”. May sound a bit trite but it is a good start and you sound like the sort of person who is making sure your hubby has got the plenty of love happening! Take good care of yourself.
8)

Thanks for the kind words and the good advice. I think when the time comes I’ll have have his son on standby to bring the grandbabies for a visit in a week or two and give him something to look forward to. They live almost a days drive away so we don’t see them nearly often enough. I don’t think there is any better cure for depression than hugging a grandbaby. (er, … well … in my house … hugging a tiny puppy may come close :lol: )

I have a cat and when he knows Im going on the machine he chases me up and down the hall trying to bite me, or he’ll plonk on the bed and watch me. Some nights he jumps on the bed and bites my feet, and I either wake up and tell him to ping off, or I dream that something is biting my feet, or Im getting needles in my feet :shock:
I thought he might get facinated with the blood lines and try to bite them, but I think hes a bit scared. When I did manual PD, he used to lay on the warm drain bag and go to sleep lol