WellBound Opens New Self-Care Dialysis Facility

• PRESS RELEASE -

WellBound Opens New Self-Care Dialysis Facility in Northern California

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., March 7 /PRNewswire/ – WellBound, the first company focused exclusively on supporting the full spectrum of self-care dialysis therapies, today announced the official opening of its fifth and latest specialized self-care dialysis facility. Located in Santa Rosa, CA, this “Center of Excellence” will support nephrologists from surrounding communities in providing patients with kidney disease education along with innovative self-care dialysis therapies.

“We are very excited to bring this new home dialysis facility to the community,” said Marc Branson, WellBound’s chief executive officer. “Together with our physician partners, we are striving to empower patients with kidney disease to take control of their health in order to achieve the benefits associated with self-care dialysis.”

There is an expanding body of scientific evidence that demonstrates that patients who receive more frequent and longer dialysis achieve superior clinical outcomes and enhanced quality of life as compared to those that do not. WellBound’s patient-friendly centers ensure optimal patient care by combining a focus on wellness and education with innovative self-care therapies that provide more frequent dialysis.

“Every day, we see patients experiencing the dramatic quality of life benefits associated with the combination of proactive wellness education and self-care dialysis,” stated Mr. Branson. “These outcomes are made possible not only through the education programs we provide and the innovative therapies we support, but also the robust support services that we offer to nephrologists and their patients.”

WellBound provides its physician partners with a high degree of clinical support. These comprehensive support services are provided by WellBound’s dedicated team of self-care dialysis medical professionals and include:

• Early education programs addressing kidney transplantation,
    dialysis therapy options, and vascular access planning

• Patient wellness programs focused on high blood pressure, stress
    management, exercise, nutrition and diabetes care

• Training programs for all forms of self-care dialysis

• Clinical care coordination services delivered by certified
    nephrology nurses

• 24/7 patient care telephone support

“Nephrology Associates partnered with WellBound because their comprehensive approach enables us to provide better care for our patients,” said Benjamin Fritz, M.D., medical director of the new WellBound Santa Rosa center. “WellBound offers our kidney disease patients greatly expanded educational programs in wellness and dialysis options, as well as personalized training in home dialysis therapies.”

About Self-Care Dialysis

The term self-care dialysis refers to those dialysis therapies which patients are able to self-administer outside the confines of hemodialysis centers, including peritoneal dialysis and all types of home hemodialysis. A growing collection of clinical research clearly demonstrates that the more frequent, more consistent dialysis associated with self-care provides patients with improved health outcomes such as improved mortality rates and reduced hospitalizations. Home dialysis also offers significant quality of life advantages including greater convenience, more flexible schedules, and fewer fluid and dietary restrictions.

About WellBound

Founded in 2003, WellBound is an affiliate of dialysis industry leader Satellite Healthcare. As the first company focused exclusively on the full continuum of self-care dialysis options, WellBound frees chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients from in-center dialysis treatment regimens by offering multiple, state-of-the-art “self-care” treatment options. The company’s unique expertise in personalized self-care training and patient wellness facilitates a higher quality of life and improved clinical outcomes for CKD patients, while enabling physicians to offer a new, superior level of care.

The company has established five operational self-care dialysis facilities and is actively engaged in launching a network of WellBound “Centers of Excellence” designed to deliver the full spectrum of self-care dialysis options, including peritoneal dialysis and daily home hemodialysis.

To learn more about WellBound
http://www.wellbound.com/
Company direct: 1-800-476-5450.

WellBound

-or-
Stephanie Diaz, +1-415-675-7400; Tim Brons (media), +1-415-675-7402, both of VidaCommunication, for WellBound

Story from REDORBIT NEWS:
http://www.redorbit.com/news/display/?id=A8166
Published: 2006/03/07 09:02:19 CST
© RedOrbit 2005

There are at least two of us here using Wellbound. They are a great organization. They have another new center opening soon in Milpitas. I will be moving to that center when it opens as it is only around 15 minutes away vs. 45.

Cathy

I would have to admit that the folks at 'WellBound" are one great bunch of caring people. Awhile back before I started training at “WellBound” clinic in Modesto I was in contact with them one year before the clinic was actually built in Modesto. I even got to meet the person who I was in contact over the net, at a grand opening of the clinic! 8) …Thanks bunches to all of you up there! Thanks!

P.S. WellBound is not just an expert in Kidney Disease, but also an expert in Interior Design!..Their clinics make you feel at home!

How can I find out if there is one close by here in Ohio. I know I have to start hemo in the center here. Sue :?:

Contact them directly like I did…see what they say…

http://www.wellbound.com/contact.html

Sorry Wellbound is only in California. Do a search on the home page and you will find a lot of clinics in Ohio offering home hemo dialysis.

Cathy

Well I did the search and wish I lived in a bigger city or at least close to those they have listed, looks like it is gona be in center for me unless things change, there is no home hemo there, just PD and I can’t do that. Thank all of you for your help…Sue

Hi Sue,

Keep in mind that a home dialysis center does not need to be right around the corner–once you’re done training, you only have to go there once a month. So, it can be as far away as you’re willing to drive once a month.

Which town in Ohio do you live in?

I live in East Liverpool, it takes days to train right? And it cost money to stay at Hotels. I would go to Pittsburgh like I do for major surgerys, but that is few and far between, with both of us disabled it is hard as hell to be able to have the money it takes for this kind of stuff, even over night stays are hard on us. My last surgery with my heart Bill slept in a chair all night in the waiting area.

I found 11 centers in Ohio that offer daily or nocturnal hemo:
http://www.homedialysis.org/v1/centers/search_results.php?clinic_name=&clinic_city=&clinic_state=OH&clinic_zip=&clinic_owner=&form_action=search&treatments[4]=4&treatments[5]=5

it takes days to train right?

Actually, it usually takes weeks to train, so if travel for training isn’t possible, you may want to think about talking with one of the 11 centers in East Liverpool to see if they’ll consider adding a home option. Patient demand has driven a number of new programs to start up.

You can find all 11 centers by putting “Dialysis Facility Compare” into Google, clicking the first link, and then putting in “East Liverpool” under city and “Eastern Ohio” under state.

There is only one center in East Liverpool, I have asked already and the Neph said no at this time, maybe later. They also reuse, I heard some bad things about reuse but he says as long as he has been coming to taht center he has never heard of anything bad about it, he said that reuse can even be better for you.

There are 11 centers within 25 miles of East Liverpool, OH. Since you wouldn’t have to stay overnight somewhere else, I counted them as possibilities you might want to check with in case they want to start a home program. Here they are:

DCI - EAST LIVERPOOL 325 WEST 6TH STREET
EAST LIVERPOOL, OH 43920
0 miles (330) 382-0835

DCI OF BEAVER FALLS / CHIPPEWA 2562 CONSTITUTION BOULEVARD
BEAVER FALLS, PA 15010
15.1 miles (724) 891-5044

TRINITY MEDICAL CENTER WEST 4000 JOHNSON RD
STEUBENVILLE, OH 43952
19 miles (740) 264-8171

KIDNEY TREATMENT OPTIONS PC 2700 SUNSET BLVD
STEUBENVILLE, OH 43952
19 miles (740) 264-1318