What has prevented the growth of home programs?

Home dialysis has finally come to Plano, Texas. I’m the first to have it through a Devita Center in Grapevine, Texas. They use the NXStage machine which is portable. No one at the dialysis center I previously went to for over three years knew nothing about home dialysis. I guess they prefer and the doctor where he can come by 25 chairs, ask how you’re fealing and collect the monthly charge. I much prefer the home dialysis program and hope more people who are interested and want home dialysis learn about it.

Please tell your clinic about our website and ask them to add their clinic to our database. They can have a free basic listing that gives information about how to contact them and what treatments the clinic offers for home dialysis. If they’d be interested in learning about having a premier listing that allows them to describe their program with whatever they think could let people know what’s unique about your clinic – what machines they use for home hemo and/or PD, what hours they train people, to include a picture they can ask for information about sponsorship.

Howdy, thanks for stopping by and lettinmg us know about it and of course congrats beeing at home! I think the best person to let others know about home dialysis are the patients, only you can be the best advocate and convince other patients that home dialysis is awesome! Nowhere like home sweet home… :smiley: