Where do I buy

I am brand new to message boards, sorry. this is probably covered somewhere already.

My wife is a Hemo-Dialysis patient, been one for approx 3+ years in center. We taking up home hemo, it is going well. NX Stage with Pureflow.

So anyhow- where do I get a Dialysis Chair similar to what is in most centers? Essentially Naugahyde, recliner with leg support and side tables? I look on the web and the only places I find are in Maine, Calif, Indiana. I in Minneapolis area.

Also, I trying to convince wife that should tile the area where we expect to be doing the dialysis, it now carpeted-- indoor outdoor stuff, but so far I seem to have drips of Dialysate, Saline, so far no blood, but for sure it will happen. Over time it will become a problem. What say you??

guy

Howdy, Have you checked with your training center about a chair? Do you know that Medicare will pay for a chair? That might be a place to start. The floor in my dialysis area is vinyl. Works great. (bought vinyl tile on closeout locally for $.60/sq ft)Was a carpeted bedroom. Spills are a snap to clean up. I would not go back to carpet. The vinyl is not slippery when wet compared to the tile in my bathroom. Good luck.

Welcome to the Home Dialysis Central online community, the only bad questions are the ones that are never asked.

You’ll want a chair that goes into the trendelenburg position .

I think that your unit should provide you with everything you need to safely dialyze at home - including a proper chair, a scale, etc.

I’ve been dialyzing at home since 2001 - if you’re in it for the long term then I say yes to tile or some kind of laminate flooring. It is easier to clean and keep clean. I have a light colored flooring - something that hides the stains defeats the point of cleanliness.

Maybe tile with an area rug or two for non-treatment times would be a compromise?

[quote=Guy Warner;13687]I am brand new to message boards, sorry. this is probably covered somewhere already.

My wife is a Hemo-Dialysis patient, been one for approx 3+ years in center. We taking up home hemo, it is going well. NX Stage with Pureflow.

So anyhow- where do I get a Dialysis Chair similar to what is in most centers? Essentially Naugahyde, recliner with leg support and side tables? I look on the web and the only places I find are in Maine, Calif, Indiana. I in Minneapolis area.

Also, I trying to convince wife that should tile the area where we expect to be doing the dialysis, it now carpeted-- indoor outdoor stuff, but so far I seem to have drips of Dialysate, Saline, so far no blood, but for sure it will happen. Over time it will become a problem. What say you??

guy[/quote]

Well, if you want the quality dialysis center use then may I suggest dialysis recliners from Champion. http://www.championchair.com/products/use/dialysis/

However, you need to get your dialysis center to get it for you. You need to pay for the expense. These chairs are not sold to public, so the way around is to get your clinic to order for you.

I got the center to reimburse me for a chair so I went off to La-z-boy Furniture and got myself a leather recliner. It’s not technically right for clinical use, but it sure is comfortable… I also have a carpeted floor so I got a piece of particle board cut to what I needed and covered it with vinyl tile, so most of the room is still covered with carpeting…

Rich Berkowitz

NxStage 2/06
In-center 3/03