Yaaarg. Shiver me timbers - NxStage at sea

[It is a real shame that what had been a flawless trip ended so abruptly; it was a real disappointment for my Mom and her friends (the Howles) who did not get a chance to go looking for adventure in the beautiful San Juans. I’ve already booked a five day make good trip for May 24-29 next year so I’ll be back.

Bill,

I’m so sorry you blew a gasket. Too much throttle while pulling some water skiers?

The pictures are great. Thank you for sharing. Erich

[quote=Bill Peckham;14179]I’ve been back for awhile - the trip was cut short due to mechanical difficulties. The System One preformed flawlessly but the big Cummings diesel engine in the Grand Waltz blew a gasket - spewing oil in the engine room and requiring me to get towed back to Anacortes.

It is a real shame that what had been a flawless trip ended so abruptly; it was a real disappointment for my Mom and her friends (the Howles) who did not get a chance to go looking for adventure in the beautiful San Juans. I’ve already booked a five day make good trip for May 24-29 next year so I’ll be back.

I need to sit down and write up my thoughts but I have to say one impression is that I was worn out by the time we towed the Grand Waltz back to Anacortes. Having novice crews and being a bit rusty at the whole captaining a boat business combined with getting myself on and off dialysis was a challenge. By the end I was ready for someone else to be in charge.

I have put a number of photos up on flickr. Check them out by going here:
Imgur

There is San Juan #1 and San Juan #2 by the time I am done uploading there should be over 100 photos.

Cheers,
Bill[/quote]

This is brilliant! So far the best Vacation Travel photos with Nxstage that I’ve seen to date… great stuff!

P.S.
Seems your very well enjoying Nxstage… :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s too bad about cutting the trip short, Bill. Good thing you were an experienced captain–I wonder if someone who wasn’t would have known what to do?

Awesome photos! Some of those captions were a hoot. What’s with the beard–was that just for authenticity in the grizzly captain role, or are you keeping it?

And was that orange thing REALLY a starfish? How many, um, legs did it have? Are you sure it wasn’t some aberrant form of octopus?!

[quote=Gus;14189]P.S.
Seems your very well enjoying Nxstage… :P[/quote]

I think the System One is an excellent travel option. For day to day home use I would like something more.

Yup it was a big orange star fish that must have weighed nearly 20 pounds - I think it had over 12 legs or arms or whatever it is starfish have.

BTW - the beard is now a goatee

Understandable, we might wanna pull Baxter’s hairs and tell them what you want in a home dialysis machine…its quite interesting to see what they will bring to us home dialyzors

Yaarg I’m back at sea this time doing extended nocturnal treatments on the same boat I had last summer. You can follow along at my blog.